Lost [ Sat 11th Nov ] v Anstey Nomads, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: [ Sat 11th Nov ] v Anstey Nomads, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:57 pm Back four looking a bit short now. We will miss Goughs long throws. Garswood, Harriman, Tagoe,??? PINTO L, Corden, White, Anderson Jones, Mukwada subs, Johnston, Saunt, Raymond?
There's also agemoh-davies whos been a bit unlucky to get more of a look in. Also thomas and the two lads from northampton. How far away is hughes and is Lorraine available? But yes, very short. I'd expect the new signing to be a defender
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 49 times

Post by rickthediamond »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:14 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:57 pm Back four looking a bit short now. We will miss Goughs long throws. Garswood, Harriman, Tagoe,??? PINTO L, Corden, White, Anderson Jones, Mukwada subs, Johnston, Saunt, Raymond?
There's also agemoh-davies whos been a bit unlucky to get more of a look in. Also thomas and the two lads from northampton. How far away is hughes and is Lorraine available? But yes, very short. I'd expect the new signing to be a defender
The two Northampton lads told us fans at Sutton Coldfield that they were literally with us for that one game as we were so short on players. So I would only expect to ever see them again on an ad hoc or needs must basis. We’ve lost more players since then, so one signing isn’t going to touch the sides regardless of what position it is in.
Lee Tomlin la la la
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I knew there was someone I forgot. Ag Davis is very useful. With so few defenders and only one striker, pack the midfield. Corden, White, Pinto, Ag Davis, Anderson. Jones lone striker.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Sorry to hear that both these have gone , Edge looked dangerous and i loved Goughs long throws
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:41 am I am quite concerned about tomorrow's result. To date no new signings, possibly more leaving or not returning. Against an unbeaten team and us with no points away from home. We're doomed Mr Mannwairing 😢
I'm a bit more comfortable now with new signings, but defence is still a bit threadbare and that much needed goalscorer still eludes us. 🙏
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:01 am
diamondsteve wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:35 pm Signings?
Not sure of signings. But no sign of Somerfield or Edge returning. Somerfield still has one game of his suspension but with doubt about this week's game and no game next week he is bedding down for a long stay at Histon. Corby are doing fine at present without needing Edge so I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up at Histon shortly either.
Edge now decides to go back to Corby.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Edge going back to Corby not surprising given that Gary Setchell was struggling to sign a new striker, so he goes back to the one he ditched.
If we want a striker it looks like we have to find that elusive Rainbow with the crock of gold, so getting searching people.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times