Lost [ Sat 23rd Dec ] v Sporting Khalsa, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Re: [ Sat 23rd Dec ] v Sporting Khalsa, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by fentiger79 »

I never go into a game expecting to not try, my definition of a free hit is based on how I see us getting out of trouble. Unfortunately seeing us most weeks I don’t expect us to beat these teams. Does t stop me from going (when not working) as there are always surprises/upsets!
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Ricky330 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:41 pm I'm guessing that Harriman was given a points target to achieve by Christmas from the board so surely its time for them to now review? Although who would want the job don't know.
However, the situation is just not improving and unfortunately shows no sign of getting better any time soon.
We simply turn up, miss chances & concede easy soft goals every week.
I'm afraid relegation is a certainty.
Exactly, I don't pretend to know the answers to what is a dreadful situation, but that is now 6 straight defeats, Harriman has one point since he was given the job in 8 games, I know there isn't going to be a wealth of managerial talent interested, but it is simply unacceptable regardless and trying to make another change is our only chance of survival at this point. Sad fact is, we are utterly hopeless right now, every game is so predictable and we have shown no signs of the same old things improving,, I'm sorry to say I can't even bring myself to listen to Radio Diamonds for away games, I'm a lifelong loyal Diamond, but even my loyalty is being tested right now....
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Ricky330 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:41 pm I'm guessing that Harriman was given a points target to achieve by Christmas from the board so surely its time for them to now review? Although who would want the job I don't know.
However, the situation is just not improving and unfortunately shows no sign of getting better any time soon.
We simply turn up, miss chances & concede easy soft goals every week.
I'm afraid relegation is a certainty.
I'm not sure what sacking Harriman would achieve. The board have already stated there were very few people interested in the job when Nunn left, and there certainly won't be any more interest now. Harriman has inherited a squad that is simply not good enough for Step 4 football, and our league position (coupled with a somewhat restrictive budget) is making it impossible for him to attract new players of sufficient quality. I don't know what anyone else could do better in this situation, unless we appoint one of the few managers around who would bring their own money in to add to the budget?

Our only hope of avoiding relegation is if we can bring in several decent players in the January fire sales, when the mid-table teams with no chance of going up or down cut their cloth to save for next season, whilst hoping the teams just above us can't do the same. It's a very long shot though.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

You have to take your hats off to any diamonds fans travelling to away games right now, knowing they're going to see their team lose. It's literally field a team and hope for the best as the outcome is so predictable. I'm not sure how much longer the likes of inman or Wilson will stick it and like most people, probably want thus season to end. Although it might not start too well at ucl level, least the entrance fee and travelling distances will come down!
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

davealbon wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:08 pm I'm not sure what sacking Harriman would achieve. The board have already stated there were very few people interested in the job when Nunn left
Having a player/manager and a player/assistant manager should have allowed us to save money with the jobs being combined.

Instead we've landed ourselves with a pair of cowards, who have taken themselves out of the starting line up to void themselves of any criticism.

Every week we sign a new defender, a clear confirmation that Harriman is intending to stay on the bench.

It's heartbreaking and the clubs who trust us by sending their youth team players here for their first taste of men's have lost the plot.

All I'm seeing is an ex football league player destroying the careers of young lads before it's even started.

A 30 year old dropping out of the football league into the lower section of non league for reasons other than money... for me something is not right, we need to get rid.

Harriman is getting paid by us and Peterborough United, he should do the Chris Nunn thing and say he's not going to take a wage for the utter dross being served up, last week he hinted at there being plenty of budget to spend... if we allow him to spend it we are finished.

This morning he Tweeted for the first time in months, it said... "Let’s go Diamonds 💎" he's just copy and pasting what Chris Nunn would have tweeted, a total imposter.

IMO this tweet form James Anker is spot on...

It just goes to show that someone who can form such a sensible opinion as that is exactly what this club is missing! and what a coincidence that this guy was involved at the club last year when everything started to improve.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

As I’ve said before, I have the utmost respect for those on the board, but the Harriman appointment as manager was a mistake in my opinion.

When it was announced, I felt underwhelmed. An appointment of someone with zero experience in management, it was just like the whole ‘he who shall not be named’ situation again.

I’m finding it hard to post on here of late, as I hate being negative, today was also the first time in a while where I didn’t listen to Radio Diamonds, nothing against Joseph and co, but it’s just not enjoyable listening to (or watching) games right now, I’ll be there on Boxing Day though.

I think some serious discussions need to take place.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Stourbridge_Diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Stourbridge_Diamond »

Nice set up they've got at Khalsa - exactly the sort of thing we should aspire to.

First half we played well. Better of the 2 sides really, except for a silly miscommunication between keeper and defender gifting them a soft goal (I know we've heard that a lot!)

The equaliser should have been the push for us - I genuinely thought after that went in, the way we were playing, we could have gone on and snuck a win.

But instead we totally capitulated (not helped by some dubious refereeing again, particularly on their 3rd).

The positives:

John Dean caused them trouble

New lad looked Callum Perry pretty assured, and it was nice to see a player happy to pick the ball up and drive forwards from defence. Comfortable with the ball at his feet.
The artist formerly known as Southstand.

Usually found at Midlands away games with my daughter.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

Adrian wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:37 pm
davealbon wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:08 pm I'm not sure what sacking Harriman would achieve. The board have already stated there were very few people interested in the job when Nunn left
Having a player/manager and a player/assistant manager should have allowed us to save money with the jobs being combined.

Instead we've landed ourselves with a pair of cowards, who have taken themselves out of the starting line up to void themselves of any criticism.

Every week we sign a new defender, a clear confirmation that Harriman is intending to stay on the bench.

It's heartbreaking and the clubs who trust us by sending their youth team players here for their first taste of men's have lost the plot.

All I'm seeing is an ex football league player destroying the careers of young lads before it's even started.

A 30 year old dropping out of the football league into the lower section of non league for reasons other than money... for me something is not right, we need to get rid.

Harriman is getting paid by us and Peterborough United, he should do the Chris Nunn thing and say he's not going to take a wage for the utter dross being served up, last week he hinted at there being plenty of budget to spend... if we allow him to spend it we are finished.

This morning he Tweeted for the first time in months, it said... "Let’s go Diamonds 💎" he's just copy and pasting what Chris Nunn would have tweeted, a total imposter.

IMO this tweet form James Anker is spot on...

It just goes to show that someone who can form such a sensible opinion as that is exactly what this club is missing! and what a coincidence that this guy was involved at the club last year when everything started to improve.
At the risk of moderating the forum, I'll say I think you're a bit out of order here Adrian. Have an opinion by all means, but your accusing a club legend in Shanks and our current manager who's doing the very best he can in a pretty difficult set of circumstances, of cowardice. Shanks spoke recently about this when on BBC Northampton that his playing days are mainly behind him now, and that if it hadn't been Diamonds he wouldn't have played anywhere this season. Harriman is injured, what do you want from the bloke.

Was hoping to see you at Khalsa today but didn't notice you there? Getting a little bit sick of your constant criticism on here recently, but I'll offer you the Q&A that you want on a one to one basis in Boxing Day. Please come and be my guest in hospitality for Tuesdays game where I'll happily buy you a drink and hear your suggestions on how we can improve the current predicament. Michael and Tom will be in after the game as well to give you an opportunity to have a chat with them as well. If you notify Matt on turnstiles when you get there I'll pop down to meet you.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Perfect response!
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Listening to Michael on radio npton he sounded gutted poor humbug, sounded like he felt he had been let down by the players in the later part of the 2nd half today