Drawn [ Sat 13th Jan ] v Bedworth Utd, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: [ Sat 13th Jan ] v Bedworth Utd, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by Rushdenjim »

Olly wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:30 am 5 consecutive games now conceding first and in the first 15 minutes, forget winning games, we need to stop this bad habit first. I don't think much for our chances of survival now having lost two games we needed to get something from, but still think there is enough in this team to at least turn our form around and pick up a few more points between now and the end of the season if we just correct a few basics.
1-0 down after four Minutes.

It's so so predictable 🙄
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

1 - 1 after 9 mins
Stourbridge_Diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Stourbridge_Diamond »

2-1 Diamonds - 51st minute get in!!!
The artist formerly known as Southstand.

Usually found at Midlands away games with my daughter.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

2 -2 - 85th minute penalty!
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Damn it.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Olly
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Well I'm taking the glass half full view on that one, yes we conceded after 4 ****ing minutes and conceded a late equaliser, but it's our first away point of the season and the end to a horrible losing run, so I'm pleased tbh. This could act as a foundation for turning our form round so have to be positive, just need to stop these early goals!!!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I agree, thought we put in a very decent performance. Awful goal to start with a couldn’t really see the penalty so can’t say but seemed soft from what I could make out. Massive chance for Emery one on one at 2-1 which could have made a massive difference obviously if taken. He was very good today with an excellent goal. plenty of positives.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post match. Interviews with AFCRDTV

Stourbridge_Diamond
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Stourbridge_Diamond »

The negatives:

-Another silly easy goal early on.
- I think a bit more game management and we'd have seen that out at 2-1, the penalty looked soft, but then in the 85th minute with the ball in the box like that its only ever going to end in a pen or a goal with our luck!
- Missing a golden chance to make it 3-1 - a more confident team would have made it 3-1 when we had that dominance and put tbe game to bed

The positives:
- It was great to watch a game where the result wasn't a foregone conclusion, most excited I've been watching a Diamonds game in a long while.
-The lads fought and really turned in a performance - when going 2-1 up we still had chances to extend it - we played like a team that's actually turning up and trying to win a game, which is a huge change from earlier this season.
- Heads didn't go down after conceding.
- We really need to build on this. We've drawn when we should have won, and shown that we can compete with other teams in this league... Bottle that performance, cut out the silly errors and we'll look forwards to going to Rugby
The artist formerly known as Southstand.

Usually found at Midlands away games with my daughter.
Diamonds47
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Diamonds47 »

Minus the beginning of the game and the penalty, today is the best performance we’ve produced in a long time. The second half at corby was good however today we produced a good performance in both halves and it would be brilliant to see us do it more. Cairo was excellent today and Emery looks like he could cause some problems too. Hopefully we can get a few more performances like today under our belt and start picking up more points!

A Bedworth fan commented at half time that they couldn’t believe we were bottom of the league as we play good football. Onwards and upwards to Tuesday and hopefully this is the start of the losing mentality disappearing! The players should take confidence from today’s performance and although it’s disappointing not to have taken all 3 points, we certainly should hold our heads up high! Now please stop conceding in the first 5 minutes 😂