Southern League website

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pressman

Southern League website

Post by Pressman »

What is the point of an official league website when most of the stats and information on it is both wrong and outdated. I cannot believe how bad this Southern League website is compared with other official similar non league sites which are more progressive and, more importantly, correct!

You only have to look at the current form section on the site to note that it is not worth the paper its written on! Our own information is all over the place with Kings Lynn being shown as a defeat as well as the 'win' against St Neots.

Ben Farrell is down as 11 league goals when he's actually scored 10. And I can go on...……… Its so frustrating!!!
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Southern League website

Post by Formic »

I originally praised the new look Southern League website as it moved away from Pitchero, expecting there would focus on the basics of results / tables / fixtures ahead of some of the less important stuff in the early days of the new site. They still can't get the results and tables updated reliably, let alone the stats. I do wonder whether its a case of enthusiastic amateurs who didn't realise how much time they would need to dedicate to such a website - or a case of paid "professionals" who aren't being managed properly from above.

Given how poorly the league have looked in the K*ttering debacle a few season back, right up to the Banbury Utd issue this season - http://www.banburyunitedfc.co.uk/news/c ... 90777.html , one wonders whether the website problems are indicative of the general organisation and management of the league.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Not related but not worth opening another topic, wtf is going on at my home town club. Bedford have today announced Club Captain Gavin Hoyte has left the Club, he along with recent signings Tony Mendy, we all remember him and Alex Cathline of Baeconsfield fame (sure everyone remembers him falling over a lot last season to protect a 1-0 lead) are all “surplus to requirements” this follows Ollie Thorne moving onto Cambridge a week ago which came a week after Joel moved to Cambridge.
They have had more players than I’ve had pints this years and that’s player alcoholism.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I'd guess Bedford have realised they're not going to get promoted so are cutting their wage bill.
AFC R & D member number 34
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

The Southern league website has had so much in correct information on there, lost count, :hehe:

And continues to do so, have incorrect information on there.