K*ttering in 8 days

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
JamesRDFC

Re: K*ttering in 8 days

Post by JamesRDFC »

One Dale Roberts. Never forgotten. R.I.P.

AFC Rushden & Diamonds member no. 90
Rdfc91

Post by Rdfc91 »

JamesRDFC wrote:The game is "in major doubt"

http://www.ketteringtownfc.co.uk/story.php?story_id=374
The pitch remain frozen and the ground staff have not be able to work on it since before Christmas. :roll:
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Picked up my ticket an hour or so ago - was told just under 300 sold (230 ish on the terrace and 50 odd in the seats). I'm 95% sure it'll be off, but I'll be there anyway whenever it is played so thought I'd take the opportunity to buy my ticket while driving past the door - won't get another chance to get over there between now and the weekend and don't want to risk the post !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
OsanoIsKing

Post by OsanoIsKing »

B*llocks.

Another saturday without football will be stupid, no decent games in the area aswell. I'd guess most UCL games will be off.
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

Mat.H wrote:
Duffman wrote:Im waitin til Friday before getting my ticket, hopefully we'll know by then if its on or not
Ditto
me too. was going at lunchtime so hopefully they'll do a pitch inspection before then.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I wasn't going to buy my ticket until Friday incase i ended up with a ticket on my hands to a match i couldnt attend.

I imagine alot of other supporters would do the same.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

I'm picking mine up Friday afternoon after work (assuming it hasn't been postponed by then), as I finish early on Fridays. Does anyone know where the best place to park would be? (At the Rockinghorse obviously, not at Nene Park when I go to get my ticket! :lol:)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

co-op
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Pitch inspection Friday morning?! I know it would be inconvenient for some people to not know until the morning off the match but Friday morning is when it starts to get up to 2/3 degrees and it may improve for the game (freezing wise that is) as it's supposed to stay above frezing over that night as well, if it's frozen now it will be frozen on Friday morning so I really hope they don't have it that early.

It does seem to me that they aren't exactly 'desperate' for the game to go on, there's no hint of the usual 'we're doing everything we can to get it on' that we see from other clubs. Player problem or not, do they really want another week with no football and another game to add to the backlog and I would have thought a game against us would be perfect for them to try and regain some confidence with so much to play for. So sick of getting excited about big matches and then finding out it's off and it's another Saturday with no football :(
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

davealbon wrote:I'm picking mine up Friday afternoon after work (assuming it hasn't been postponed by then), as I finish early on Fridays. Does anyone know where the best place to park would be? (At the Rockinghorse obviously, not at Nene Park when I go to get my ticket! :lol:)
As therushden says, down at the co-op. At the RR roundabout outside the ground go down the hill opposite and you'll come to another roundabout. Turn right here and you're on the co-op site, I parked there last season and it was fine, but don't park there for an evening match cos they lock the gate.
AFC R & D member number 34