Trophy draw

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rushdenman

Trophy draw

Post by rushdenman »

I thought they might postpone the draw but we are drawn away to AFC Wimbledon or Altrincham apparently, if we progress at Workington.
Rdfc91

Re: Trophy draw

Post by Rdfc91 »

Difficult draw if we are to get through.
ID

Post by ID »

If we get Wimbledon it is probably one of the hardest ties we could have got... the only better teams I think are Oxford and York....
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Irish Diamond wrote:If we get Wimbledon it is probably one of the hardest ties we could have got... the only better teams I think are Oxford and York....
Having said that though im not sure thats a bad thing! I think most people think we can go quite deep into this competition, but tbh, i think if we are not going to win it, i would rather go out early! I know the money would be very very handy, but with the fixtures piling up it could be more hassle than its worth. If we win then great, and there is absolutely no reason why we cant, but if we dont then i wouldn't say it is the end of the world!

Plus it also means that hopefully we could get a few people travelling down, and could get a good crowd, which is always nice.

Having said all of that, Alty will probably win, and then we will lose to them, after the game gets called off another three times, thanks to return to the ice age!!!
srusrdfc

Post by srusrdfc »

it will most probley be AFC and we will take 180 fans there i say. AFC are a good side and will be very hard but if we want to win the trophy then we have to beat sides like them. i think we should take this trophy seriously and look at winning it. :D
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I get very annoyed when people play down the Trophy.
It is a competition we have a realistic chance of winning most seasons and this one is certainly no exception. Yes the crowds are poor and it causes fixture congestion but we get some dosh out of it and a trip to Wembly, which is something in our illustrious history yet to be achieved!
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote:I get very annoyed when people play down the Trophy.
It is a competition we have a realistic chance of winning most seasons and this one is certainly no exception. Yes the crowds are poor and it causes fixture congestion but we get some dosh out of it and a trip to Wembly, which is something in our illustrious history yet to be achieved!
Excellent post!
A chance to watch the mighty Diamonds at Wembley, would be another great achievment by the club and would give us all something to cheer about since the Div 3 winning season!
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
sussexdiamond wrote:I get very annoyed when people play down the Trophy.
Excellent post!
A chance to watch the mighty Diamonds at Wembley, would be another great achievment by the club and would give us all something to cheer about since the Div 3 winning season!
Dont get me wrong i think we should try our best to win the trophy, i think it is a very important competition. All i am saying is if we are not going to win it, i would rather go out early and concentrate on the league. It is a competition which while you are still in is very important, but once you are out, is pointless, like the FA Cup :wink: