Poppies Turmoil

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Poppies Turmoil

Post by sussexdiamond »

I have only just got upto date on Poppies situation. According to their forum they barely have a team for saturday and are praying the game will be cancelled.

What is the likelihood of playing?. Down here the snow is clearing rapidly but the ground is still frozen.
I think the temperature needs to rise afew more degrees yet.

It would be a good time to play them it seems. One of their contributors is even thinking of Diamonds doing a"Weymouth" on them. Now that would be fun.

The crowd looks unlikely to go much above 2000 which is a shame as local derbies can be so good with plenty of banter and insults flying (as well as some unpleasant objects from our scum friends)

I am proposing to next get to Nene park for Eastbourne and Stevenage games so am hoping Trophy game get sorted soon.

We have now lost the Histon game next week and hopefully the Hayes game on the 30th. Could be twice aweek now until the end of the seson especially if we reach 2 legged semi of Trophy
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Poppies Turmoil

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I would hope the game will go ahead, but I've got a feeling the weather won't get any better, so it may well be called off :(
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

The problems they have team wise I can't see them busting a gut to get it on.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Like sussexdiamond pointed out, the temperature needs to rise a bit according to this forecast.
http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-UKX ... _pla=10day
I'd say we're 60/40 in our favour at the mo.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Well it is actually supposed to get better by the end of the week, bbc were saying it would up to 4/5C night and day at the end of the week but now they're saying only 2C by Friday and Saturday so who knows what it'll be like by Saturday afternoon, although I don't think I could stand another huge game off, the Oxford games getting called off on the morning of the games was bad enough after all the excitement about those matches but K*ttering getting called off will just be bloody ridiculous, so it better be on.

And don't think for a minute that it's going to be easy, crisis or not, we all thought they'd be destroyed by Leeds with all their off the field problems but they weren't, it'll be as tight as it was last year and I'd be happy if we just don't lose tbh as who knows what could happen in these derbies.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308