Alternative Programme ?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Alternative Programme ?

Post by Formic »

Putting aside the reasons why there won't be an official programme tomorrow, does anyone have any experience / expertise in programme production / publication etc ? It's obviously very short notice, but perhaps the Trust might be able to step in and sort something out ?

I still have the documents I sent for inclusion in this programme, and I guess it would be possible to get permission to include some of the more recent articles I've put on the website - e.g. Steve's statement today / details of buying season tickets / shares / the England C game / Paul Drivers pre-match thoughts etc etc.

The last programme of the season is always one of the most important of the season - to set the scene for the summer and also to reflect on the season gone by, thank various people for their efforts etc.

Clearly if this is viable it could help to raise funds too. Perhaps someone knows a friendly printer who might help out ?

I guess a key question is whether an "amateur" programme is better than none at all ? Not everyone has access to the internet, and some rely on the programme for club news etc.

If it isn't an option to get something ready for tomorrow, perhaps an "end-of-season review" in the style of a Fanzine could be produced in time for the Darlo game - sold to people going to that game, and others via the post ?

Surely something can be done - I thought clubs can even be fined if they don't produce a programme ? I'm happy to get involved in whatever way I can.
diamond mad

Re: Alternative Programme ?

Post by diamond mad »

Yes I believe the Club can get fined for no programme.

I have some info for inclusion if anybody wants to do this just let me know.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

diamond mad wrote:Yes I believe the Club can get fined for no programme.
If this club is in a nosedive to administration, does the fine matter? It'll get swallowed up by the CVA surely?
AFC R & D member number 34
StaceyH
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by StaceyH »

Diamond Warrior do you know anyone who can help out with this :?:
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Diamondsforever wrote:Diamond Warrior do you know anyone who can help out with this :?:
I have already contacted Steve once I saw your fb post asking what is going to happen. I will let you know the outcome.

Is Gill still programme editior, despite leaving her role on the Board?
diamond mad

Post by diamond mad »

No I am no longer programme editor but certainly have some of the info that was due to go in the programme and I can forward that.
Diamond Warrior

Any ideas if a draft copy was sent to the printers or anything?
diamond mad

Post by diamond mad »

The programme was being collated by somebody else but had put together most of it.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I have two years experience of making magazines and have made programmes for University events, and (hate to be the bringer of bad news) i could stay up all night and not be able to create a remotely professiona lookingl programme, let alone the subsequent large scale printing. Also remember that it's a bank holiday and printing offices are almost certainly going to be closed.
I'd also need the use of InDesign and a Mac, both of which i doin't have. Not to mention the fact i'm in London!

I think the best bet if someone wanted to take this forward would be to find someone with shit loads of staples, shit loads of paper, and an unbelievably good printer and print a relatively small black and white pAper version.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Diamond Warrior

BartonRaz wrote:I have two years experience of making magazines and have made programmes for University events, and (hate to be the bringer of bad news) i could stay up all night and not be able to create a remotely professiona lookingl programme, let alone the subsequent large scale printing. Also remember that it's a bank holiday and printing offices are almost certainly going to be closed.
I'd also need the use of InDesign and a Mac, both of which i doin't have. Not to mention the fact i'm in London!

I think the best bet if someone wanted to take this forward would be to find someone with shit loads of staples, shit loads of paper, and an unbelievably good printer and print a relatively small black and white pAper version.
It took me three weeks just to do a double page magazine on indesign. haha

Team sheet looks to be it then..?