Time For Action

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
detoxbirdy

Re: Time For Action

Post by detoxbirdy »

Fantastic list!

Finding out exact info seems to be an issue from the Beasants themselves - is there anyone left at the club who has the authority to find out specific info about amounts owed, procedures? I only ask as it will be great to raise funds but you will need to know that you can resolve the problems once the pennies are there

I think having this info will also help when trying to raise sponsorship

.....just a thought but isn't carnival season coming up soon??? Collections are possible there too
Welsh

Post by Welsh »

I might be able to help on 16, having previously set up a CVA for another business a few years ago.

On the general listing, I think to someone who has his ear needs to speak to KC before Tuesday as we need to know what his position is and what he can/can't/will/won't do. Then we can target the efforts accordingly. For example, if he has no ability or inclination to address the current debts, but does want to see football remain at Nene Park then we might need to expand the effort into the realms of "AFC" Rushden & Diamonds as that is a rather different list of actions. There is no point setting up a CVA doomed to failure - we might as well start again, hopefully with KC support.

The basics of the CVA are:

Company must be insolvent (no issues there!)
Need 75% (50% of non-associated creditors) of voting creditors by value to agree to proposals
Requires CVA Supervisior (Insolvency Practioner & costs money!)
Detailed proposals required - what % in the £ can be offered??

The issue might be time here given the petition issued - I can look at that.

Basically, all the large creditors will need to be on board. That is likely to include HMR&C and they won't be keen in my experience, unless all the paperwork & returns are fully up to date and the proposals are realistic.

Regrettably, the majority of CVA fail where they are not the means of exiting Administration as effectively they rely on the future profits of a company that has already failed. It demonstrates what a task we'll have.

To get it through with the creditors, I think the current Board will need to have departed too.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I've set up a simple website we can point people to who don't use this forum (or who can't find their way around it), or who just want to focus on what we need to do going forwards.

http://diamondsrescue.moonfruit.com

I've added the action list on there, with a few updates on those actions that are underway complete.

I'll extend it over the next couple of days with links back to here referencing the useful inputs we've been seeing, or copying the ideas directly to the site, as well as updating the actions.

I'd like to thank those who've offered help / thoughts / ideas via PM / Email or phone calls - it's a great start.

I've also spoken at length to the Trust (Action 10). They are setting up a meeting later in the month that Trust Members will be invited to, and are also having other meetings with the various people they see as key players behind the scenes, so can't really help in the short term.

My biggest concern remains ensuring that as many people are aware of this meeting as possible, given the short notice - so that they can either attend, or at least advise of their commitment to Rushden & Diamonds going forwards. As the Trust couldn't help with a contact database I'm going to contact the club to see if something can be arranged to contact as many people on their database as possible.
Last edited by Formic on Fri May 06, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

I have told Kate Riley from BBC Look East about the fans forum on Tuesday. I will remind her again over the weekend. Possibly get something mentioned on Look East on Monday night or something.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Formic wrote:I've set up a simple website we can point people to who don't use this forum (or who can't find their way around it), or who just want to focus on what we need to do going forwards.

http://diamondsrescue.moonfruit.com

I've added the action list on there, with a few updates on those actions that are underway complete.
Perhaps update your initial post with that link (don't want it to get lost in here) and update the list to remove things that have been done?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Good idea - I'll see if I can do some clever cutting and pasting.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

An interesting idea i have stumbled across. A Kidderminster fan started a campaign through social network sites to donate via paypal to secure the future of the football club. This snowballed as supporters both home and abroad donated and £16,883.78. was raised.

I have absolutely no idea how to use paypal (no, i don't have ebay), and i don't have twitter, but this sounds like a useful idea. Perhaps link it direct to the bank account of the Trust?

Indeed, this website; http://www.khist.org.uk/ is worth a read in general, plenty of stuff on there.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 83 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

I dont now if anyone on here is part of the supporters trust, but they seem to be pretty ineffective and very quiet in our hour of need, with hopefully some money coming in, however small, is the idea of setting up our own trust/supporters group one to be considered? An official base for our efforts and an official company/trust to hold the money they we raise! We cant just have it under someones bed! ;)
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Possible fundraising idea: Pixel advertising.

6 years ago the guy who came up with the idea made a million dollars from it by getting businesses to pay for pixels at a $1 each to advertise and obviously the more you pledge, the bigger your ad or logo is on the site. I've found some places say that it was only a short lived craze or that it only worked once so note the word possible but Weymouth tried it a few years ago in their crisis and I read somewhere that they had raised £6000 from it.

On Weymouth's site, they had a thing where they would show the badge of everyone's favourite team that donated and the more money you donate the larger the badge got and there even was a little sort of competition for who could get the largest badge on there. Its a gimmick and a novelty I admit (even the creator admitted that) but with a decent amount of publicity (i.e. through social networking perhaps) which obviously would be essential, I think we could make it work.

But for fundraising ideas in general, obviously looking at what others have done in the past is good but I think we need unique and different ideas that perhaps haven't been thought of before. I mean the fun runs and the charity matches are all great and do always work but a new and different fundraising idea that would get publicity and interest I think would be more successful. Although someone else will have to think of some interesting ideas cause personally I'm unlikely to come up with any ;)
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Harriers9

Post by Harriers9 »

ferrers wrote:Wasnt there a Harriers Fan who posts when we play them ,i think it was Harrier 9 ?
I've been in touch with Alex and given him the contact details of three people that can help.

The campaign someone mentioned was a couple of Twitter campaigns but it must be quick, consise and have a raison d'etre. You must all use basically the same message and hashtag the important words. The campaign needs to start in the morning and everyone needs to be tweeting the message out to all the appropriate contacts on their Twitter profile.

By the evening you should have Twitter spammed the nation.

Get celebs on your side but only the ones that matter and they'll retweet. Stephen Fry et al won't but Darren Byfield, Chris Kamara and other retired footballers will. Press peeps are good too.

Good luck and work at it. It'll bear fruit if you do.