Time For Action

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Harriers9

Re: Time For Action

Post by Harriers9 »

bozzer wrote:Yep it has been suspended, perhaps I tweeted too much withnthe same hashtag?, I have emailed them, if it's not up tomorrow I will do another one!
We had around 50 people all Tweeting the same thing over three days and no one got suspended. Could be that because it refers to the original page that Twitter don't like it.

I think they'll re-instate it if you tell them the reason for it.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

i have set up a new one with @saverushden, so i hope they will reinstate it, but anyway, better to have 2 going then none.

I did tweet to loads of people on it before the suspended and it all said the same thing so will not do so much this time
AFC R&D Member No. 67
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

Rushdenjim wrote:
It seems, reading the comments on Harries Net, is that having an open group, run by the fans is what did it for them. Something we dont have with the trust, its just slightly well-off, power hungry people running in.
I dont think for one minute they are 'slighty well off or power hungry' i know that when events are organised ie Party in the Park,various apperarances at carnivals support is asked for before and i dont see a lot of people rushing.

I do think the current turn of events will make all of us more galvanised and supportive of whatever is proposed for fund raising in the future,as the saying goes'you dont realise what you had until its gone'
and this just will make people think about what we can all do to help.
Good work Tony, your work so far this could go along way in bringing together the supporters and so called lost supporters,if we do drop into a lower division it may bring a stronger support in years to come.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

The Trust has suffered because it doesn't have any clear direction; many people joined it this year solely because of the discount offered on terrace prices. In the past, when it DID have a clear direction, there were ample volunteers for all manner of events.

That said, we all need to join together NOW, not in a few weeks or months, and help save our club. We've got off to a great start, let's keep it going and show KC at Tuesday's forum just what we can do to help our club. Thanks to Tony and many others who have got us off to a flying start.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Diamondsforever wrote:The Trust has suffered because it doesn't have any clear direction; many people joined it this year solely because of the discount offered on terrace prices. In the past, when it DID have a clear direction, there were ample volunteers for all manner of events.

That said, we all need to join together NOW, not in a few weeks or months, and help save our club. We've got off to a great start, let's keep it going and show KC at Tuesday's forum just what we can do to help our club. Thanks to Tony and many others who have got us off to a flying start.
I think you and I could be reading from the same script DF. When I spoke to the Trust I pointed out how important it is that we aren't seen to have any divisions or dissent in the ranks on Tuesday.

Clearly there are initiatives being championed by the Trust, but it would help avoid any adverse comments about them on Tuesday if they were to put out a statement about these endeavours beforehand. We've heard about the Youth Scheme initiative indirectly, and that is good news that they could publicise themselves to their members. I've set them up a new website a month or two back, and will happily update that with any statement that they want to put out.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I completely agree Tony, communication was always the Trust Board's biggest failure IMO.
AFC R & D member number 34
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I've been loath to throw my hat in the ring and commit to doing too much at the moment, its the crazy season for me at work and family stuff is manic as well - but its my football club and I love it, so if there is anything I can do, shout guys !!

I'll be at the Fans Forum, not sure I can make it for any meetings beforehand as I'll be running straight from work (hope I can make the KO of the Forum) but will be around after its finished - perhaps if there is anything I'm considered worthy of contibuting someone can give me a shout?

I will say this - I won't get involved in anything if it involves the Beasants remaining at our football club. Its my opinion they are full purely of self interest and don't have any interest in Rushen and Diamonds FC. I will NOT give up my time and effort for people I neither respect nor trust !

If the end result of Tuesday's Forum is that they are still there - count me out !! If they're gone (or going) then I'm in !!

diamondpigman@aol.com if anyone wants to get hold of me with a specific task they want done :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Formic

Post by Formic »

Rushdenjim wrote:The Diamonds Supporters Group just an idea for a name for us. Can easily get a logo in production etc etc

It seems, reading the comments on Harries Net, is that having an open group, run by the fans is what did it for them. Something we dont have with the trust, its just slightly well-off, power hungry people running in.
Jim - I like the name - feel free to email me any logo at diamonds2011@btinternet.com
Formic

Post by Formic »

I've updated the website - http://diamondsrescue.moonfruit.com/# to include a section titled "progress" to reflect the skills pledged / fundraising ideas and other suggestions.

As ever, if other people are able to add to this list please email me at diamonds2011@btinternet.com - or via PM on here - or by adding to this thread.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Formic, you have a PM.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291