Time For Action

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Time For Action

Post by Formic »

Now that a meeting date has been set, we have just a few days to mobilise ourselves beforehand.

We need to agree a set of actions, and agree who will do them.

I’d like this thread to focus on listing things we can do – and who is prepared to do them - rather than another debate on how we got here.

Here are a few for starters - it's in a fairly random order.

1. Find out how Kidderminster raised funds to stave off the threat of Administration - UNDERWAY.
2. Find out how Wrexham raised significant funds to give the Conference board enough confidence in their future to let them in the playoffs.
3. Set up a generic contact email address for offers of help - COMPLETE - diamonds2011@btinternet.com.
4. Produce a series of webpages explaining our predicament, and encouraging people to contact us with any offers of support - UNDERWAY - the site has dual URLs but the preferred URL is http://www.rdfcsupporters.co.uk 
5. Also encourage people to attend Tuesday’s meeting – including getting in touch with fans who have moved away – perhaps getting them to pledge support in another way if they can’t attend the meeting - UNDERWAY (Including Radio Northampton).
6. Publicise the above webpage / email address - UNDERWAY (including Phil Jenkins publicising it on the BBC Non-League Show).
7. Create a list of fans who are prepared to pledge for the future of the club – be it time, money, skills or otherwise. Get contact details for each of these people - UNDERWAY - several inputs received and skills list placed in PROGRESS section of website.
8. Contact local businesses to try to get pledges of support
9. Contact creditors to get their view on the situation - UNDERWAY
10. Contact the Trust to find out what they are planning – see if they are willing to contact their members over the weekend to make sure they are aware of the situation, and make them aware of the above website - STAGE 1 COMPLETE (Meetings held with all Trust Board Members, as well as the release of a Trust Press Release and launch of the site http://rdst.moonfruit.com ). The Trust have a meeting planned for late May which will look at the Trust going forwards, but are also expecting an "all included" Task Group to be set up prior to that date which will meet as appropriate.
11. Look at fund raising options in general - UNDERWAY - several inputs received and placed in PROGRESS section of website
12. Look at the possibility of a wider scheme of fundraising that can appeal to Football Fans in general – e.g. seat sponsorship for next season, with club badge icons on a seating diagram as a way of fund raising - UNDERWAY - inputs received from several sources.
13. Look at how other clubs have succeeding in avoiding administration - UNDERWAY - contacts at Mansfield Town
14. Look at lessons learned from other clubs who've fallen foul of the Conference Board or the FA. - UNDERWAY - a review of the situation at Chester FC.
15. Contact the Conference Board to establish the current rules for CVAs - UNDERWAY
16. Find an expert / offer yourself if you have experience in the area of CVAs - either as a debtor, creditor or financial advisor - UNDERWAY.
17. Make a list of skills that might be useful going forwards - and start to correlate the volunteers with this list UNDERWAY - several inputs received and skills list placed in PROGRESS section of website.
18. Plan and Manage the above - ONGOING.

I’ll take on actions 3, 4 and 10 straight away – we can refine these sorts of things as we go.

Feel free to add numbered actions – or start volunteering to take on any of the actions listed here or below.

You can PM me if you don’t want to reply on this thread – or email me on diamonds2011@btinternet.com (that's action 3 sorted !) - I'll also give you a contact phone number if you send me a PM.

Tony
Last edited by Formic on Tue May 10, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Re: Time For Action

Post by AndyKirkup »

Ok, I've done a little internet research on Action 1:

I had the figure 300k in my head as the debt that Kiddy cleared but I don't know where I got that from. It seems that the amount which needed to be raised was £155k.

The supporters trust (KHIST) raised ~£37000 in total and this was from all kinds of sources: a lottery, a bucket collection, a football match between fans teams etc.

The rest of the money seems to have been found from anonymous donors at the 11th hour.

Apologies if the above is at all innacurate, but that's the general impression I got. Maybe we should contact some Kiddy fans?

You can also add me to number 7, time and a small amount of money: but unless the current situation changes I wouldn't hand a penny directly to the Beasants.
Last edited by AndyKirkup on Fri May 06, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Just an idea , how bout trying collecting at the car boot , explain to booters no football club=no car boot
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

and get all the Polish people who go to the car boot, to start a Poland Fan Club!

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
diamond mad

Post by diamond mad »

I am happy to contact creditors.

I am also happy to talk to the Conference re implications of cvas
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by oliv272 »

How about a facebook page as social networks are becoming an ever powerful way to spread a message?

Edit: I have made Save RDFC, if any one wants to help then like it and give me your details and I'll make you an Admin
Last edited by oliv272 on Fri May 06, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FuriousHoon / Ollie
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

oliv272 wrote:How about a facebook page as social networks are becoming an ever powerful way to spread a message?
Agreed.

Stuart
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

Wasnt there a Harriers Fan who posts when we play them ,i think it was Harrier 9 ?
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I'm in contact with a Kiddy fan. Will report any findings.

I'll sticky this thread until Tuesday.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

I can help with any publicity, press releases etc. Will be in contact with the NLP and Radio Northampton soon.
AFC R&D Member Number 444