Whats Your Best Goal Scored At Nene Park?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
CalversonDiamond

Whats Your Best Goal Scored At Nene Park?

Post by CalversonDiamond »

Just wanted a few ideas of what people think IS or WAS the best goal ever scored at Nene Park:

Their are three close to my mind:

1. Petr Mikolanda - 30 Yard Volley Against Notts County

2. Simeon Jackson - Run and Goal Against Oxford

3. Billy Sharp - Off course that winning goal against the Cobblers
Flying High, Up In The sky, The Rushden Pheonix is flying high, From Our chosen ground, To The Football League, The Rushden Pheonix Is Flying High,[/color]
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Whats Your Best Goal Scored At Nene Park?

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Gareth Ainsworth's volley from about 30 yards for QPR. I know it was against us but that was some goal.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

+1 for Ainsworth's first goal. His second wasn't too shabby either. ;)
Red Dragon

Post by Red Dragon »

Definitely BOTH of Ainsworth' would get in my top three - probably at one for the thirty yard volley, then Billy Sharp v Cobblers, then Ainsworth again.

Four would be Mikolanda (although I only saw it on TV, because I was doing a wedding that day), five would be Burgess v Hull City (on my birthday in a 3-3 draw, I think) and six would be any one of Simeon Jackson's first hat trick when he scored two hat tricks on two games (or was in it two hat tricks in three games? One of them was against Tamworth, anyway).
AFCR&D Member Number 38 - Proud member of a Community Football Club, currently in exile in West Wales!
olio

Post by olio »

Red Dragon wrote:Definitely BOTH of Ainsworth' would get in my top three - probably at one for the thirty yard volley, then Billy Sharp v Cobblers, then Ainsworth again.

Four would be Mikolanda (although I only saw it on TV, because I was doing a wedding that day), five would be Burgess v Hull City (on my birthday in a 3-3 draw, I think) and six would be any one of Simeon Jackson's first hat trick when he scored two hat tricks on two games (or was in it two hat tricks in three games? One of them was against Tamworth, anyway).
He scored two hat tricks in two games against Altrincham and Tamworth, season 06/07
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

olio wrote:
Red Dragon wrote:Definitely BOTH of Ainsworth' would get in my top three - probably at one for the thirty yard volley, then Billy Sharp v Cobblers, then Ainsworth again.

He scored two hat tricks in two games against Altrincham and Tamworth, season 06/07
Yep, 3-0 v Alty at Nene Park and then the 4-1 away win at Tamworth.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Tommo's goal against Kiddy last year was world class. Took the ball, flicked it up and came up with an unstoppable volley into the corner of the net, fabulous goal, could watch it all day :)
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Olly wrote:Tommo's goal against Kiddy last year was world class. Took the ball, flicked it up and came up with an unstoppable volley into the corner of the net, fabulous goal, could watch it all day :)
Ainsworth's volley was the best goal I've ever seen at any ground, live or otherwise. Tommo's goal against Kiddy would be a close second, with David Bell's 25 yard screamer against Shrewsbury (beating the current England 'keeper in the process) my third choice.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

What season was that Belly goal, think I know the one you're talking about, did we beat them 3-0 that day?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
wewantourdarbyback

Post by wewantourdarbyback »

davealbon wrote: with David Bell's 25 yard screamer against Shrewsbury (beating the current England 'keeper in the process) my third choice.

Ah that goal, IIRC Belly didn't start that game after a few lacklustre performances, was brought on during a poor game and changed the game completely.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 354

You could have 140 years of no achievement, or twenty years of glorious victories, you decide.

One Dale Roberts.

Twitter