January transfer window

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

January transfer window

Post by Three of Diamonds »

With all the speculation about the likes of Tommo and Osano moving out, who would you like to see come in to strengthen the team to push for the play-offs? Personally I'd release J-Lo and bring in Jack Midson (Oxford), apparently he's not getting many games and I think he's worth a go. J-Lo is no better than Smith IMO and I'd like Sam to get that place nailed down. He did get a few goals last season, so can do it.
I'd like to get the right wing position sorted with a "proper" right footed winger as well, anyone got any recommendations? Patto hasn't had enough of a run in the team for my money, and although Byrne has been ok, I feel he drifts too far into the centre.
I also think that right full back is a bit weak, Cockers is doing a decent job there, but for my money he's not as good as Robbo in the role.
I also think we need another centre half if Osano does move on. Downer imo is a liability. He regularly "loses it" ending up with sendings off and also seems to "switch off" in possession in or around our box. Maybe Jack Ainsley could fill the position or does anyone have any alternatives?
AFC R & D member number 34
rushandd

Re: January transfer window

Post by rushandd »

"I also think we need another centre half if Osano does move on. Downer imo is a liability. He regularly "loses it" ending up with sendings off and also seems to "switch off" in possession in or around our box. Maybe Jack Ainsley could fill the position or does anyone have any alternatives?"

No i personally dont have any alternatives cos cant see anything wrong in Downers ability, and as was said before, one of those times was down to a team mates mistake anyway? Dont think any of our players switch off during play either come to that, let alone him, look how many times hes saved the ball on the goal line, or indeed done his job in stopping attacks on goal. So you think Jack Ainsley will fill the posn? I havent seen it myself.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

rushandd wrote:"I also think we need another centre half if Osano does move on. Downer imo is a liability. He regularly "loses it" ending up with sendings off and also seems to "switch off" in possession in or around our box. Maybe Jack Ainsley could fill the position or does anyone have any alternatives?"

No i personally dont have any alternatives cos cant see anything wrong in Downers ability, and as was said before, one of those times was down to a team mates mistake anyway? Dont think any of our players switch off during play either come to that, let alone him, look how many times hes saved the ball on the goal line, or indeed done his job in stopping attacks on goal. So you think Jack Ainsley will fill the posn? I havent seen it myself.

Well, it's only MY opinion from my point of view - at the end of the day it's the manager's shout but there's no harm in debating it is there? ;)
AFC R & D member number 34
rushandd

Post by rushandd »

Agree on both counts my friend....ha ha
Whatever the team, heres to a good win re oxford....or at least a draw ?