AFCR&D Replica Shirt Orders [merchandise@afcdiamonds.com]

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Re: AFCR&D Replica Shirt Orders

Post by BartonRaz »

I'm told that the shirt order arrived either today or yesterday, so expect the shirts in due course.

I know that the people doing this sort of thing will obviously be inexperienced and this is perhaps the most cost effective measure, but I think some other way of doing this should be sought. To be brutally honest I (and many others) have had to wait too long. A month now.

I was also confused to see so many AFC R&D shirts being worn by fans last Thursday against Woodford, which lead me to believe I perhaps wasn't in the first batch as was suggested.

I don't wish to pick an argument, i'm just saying like. ;)
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
AFCR&D Shirts

Post by AFCR&D Shirts »

Hi Everyone.

Thank you all for your patience. Individual messages should be sent out tomorrow. The shirts have arrived, and have been counted and checked (and verified). There are a couple of little hiccups, but these should be sorted soon enough. Those unaffected (which is the vast majority) will not be impeded by those affected.

We can only apologise for the length the order has taken. It is as frustrating for us as it is for you all, not only because we have our own shirt orders in there, but because it boils down to one thing - the adveritisng of the club. The advertising, as has been said many times before, is the fans! A fan walking down the street in their AFC shirt and getting noticed increases the publicity of the club just a tiny bit. If you can't help out in the tiniest way in terms of time (even something small like getting posters up...) then you can walk down the street with the shirt on, stand tall, and get noticed.

Raz, as much as inexperience may be considered to be part of it, there was no other real way to do it. Without the preorders we would be sitting around for a long time waiting for stock we didn't know if we would shift or not rather than the items we know are going to go and a small ammount of stock we can be confident of selling.

We look forwards to producing yet more replicas, hopefully in a much more timely fasion!

Thank you all for your patience.
BartonRaz
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Thanks for that.

I'm not suggesting any individual is/was to blame, and the previous post may have come across as a bit patronising although I didn't intend it that way. It's just that with the waiting times being so long we run the risk of people not bothering to buy them. Like you say, perhaps things will be speedier next time!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Thanks James, I know how time consuming this has all been for you, I also know how disappointed you were last week when the shirts didn't arrive - but you're doing a terrific job and I can't wait to pick up my shirts at the next game.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Received an email today, although I won't be able to collect tonight or Saturday, as unfortunately I have other things to do both tonight, and Saturday :( :cry:

Earliest I can get it is possibly the away game on the 22nd against Daventry, or the ON Chenecks game on the 26th, or the fans forum on the 27th, hopefully I will get to the game against Daventry.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
AFCR&D Shirts

Post by AFCR&D Shirts »

Hi Everyone,

This is a quick update. Those that ordered shirts in the first batch will be able to pick them up at tonights game, Saturday at St Neots or in following home games and events. At away games we are subject to the desires of the home club, though we hope to be able to give them out at most grounds.

Some emails were not sent as a number of the shirts ordered with printing were not finished, though they have been now. A number of others bounced due to either typing or writing erros, for which we can only apologise.

We hope to have stock available soon, and indeed in some particular sizes there will be some tonight, at this stage I can only garuntee availability of the away kit.

Those that ordered in the second batch should be able to ask if their shirts are ready, and some may be pleasantly surprised, though others will be disappointed. The order of the second batch has been kept and this order will be follwed when allocating the stock which was ordered in excess of the orders. This was thanks to everyone who paid early allowing us to build enough cash up to do this. So again we thank these people, as well as everyone who has ordered a shirt.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Picked up my shirts tonight, both are terrific - thanks James, great job !! :D
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

PigmanRDFC wrote:Picked up my shirts tonight, both are terrific - thanks James, great job !! :D
Me too. Nice one! Keep up the good work.
alex_RDFC

Post by alex_RDFC »

Starting to get a little annoyed now. I got an email saying it was ready for collection and I went back to say I couldnt get to many games so could I arrange an alternative pick up. I intially got an answer about picking up from wellingborough I think, so I asked when was best for them and nothing.

Its been a week now and I have fired off 3 seperate emails which have been ignored. I understand that its not a professional club and the people dealing with the shirts are doing it on a voluntary basis and have thier own jobs and lives, but surely replying to one of the 3 emails would be ok. I know that Im a nightmare re I cant make matches but Im open to suggestions as to how to pick it up. I probably could figure out a way to get the money across online but would prefer to just pick it up especially as there is no track record at this moment of people paying and then getting the shirt especially through the post.

I know it sounds like im moaning but Im really not, I know I certainly wouldnt want to be organising all of this! especially for free on top of a normal working week so fully appreciate that people need to be patient and its a thankless task, but I'm trying to put some money in the AFC coffers and to wear the shirt in Leicestershire for some visibilty.
corby diamond
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

Im with you on this one Alex_RDFC, I paid for a shirt at the Irchester game, and aint heard anything... They say they have recieved them in but yet no email, nothing...

Went to the Woodfood game and there are so many people wearing them, I dont want to moan as you are all doing a fantastic job but a bit more communication would be good
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60