FUTSAL Fives @ K*ttering Arena Tues 13th Sep 7pm

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

FUTSAL Fives @ K*ttering Arena Tues 13th Sep 7pm

Post by Dazzler »

Maybe some of the lads might be interested in this. Watched quite a lot of this in Spain - like 5 aside but with a smaller/less bouncy ball. I noticed an article on this in the England v Wales Programme and forgot to post it earlier.

Probably a bit late for this one - given it's Tuesday 13th.

There's a taster session at K*ttering Arena - more info on the link.

http://www.northamptonshirefa.com/News/ ... Taster.htm

Never heard of futsal? Never played it? come and give it a go for free!! The Northamptonshire County FA in line with the new FA Futsal Fives leagues set to be rolled out in mid September are offering the teams the chance to attend a free taster session on Tuesday 13th September from 7.00pm.

The taster sessions will be open to male teams over 16 and held at K*ttering Arena, Thurston Drive, K*ttering NN15 6PB

Teams must register their interest/attendance at fafutsalfives@northamptonshirefa.com so that we can arrange games.

Individuals looking for a team are also welcome.

For more information on the FA Futsal Fives please click here - FA Futsal Fives Leagues or contact William.Henry@NorthamptonshireFA.com

What is Futsal?
Futsal is FIFA and UEFAs recognised format of 5-a-side football and in recent years has been embraced by The Football Association. FIFA claim that it is the fastest growing indoor sport in the world, and is immensely popular outside of the UK. Futsal has played an important role in the technical development of some of the world’s leading football players; Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Kaka, Xavi, Ronaldinho to name just a few all played Futsal as they grew up and developed into world beaters. The FA are keen to harness the benefits of this game and introduce it to benefit the technical development of English young players. Futsal is being played widely in schools, colleges and universities across the country, and The FA has established an adult National Futsal League and an England senior men’s Futsal team that plays in European and World Cups.

Futsal is a format of 5-a-side football that is played indoors with a smaller, heavier ball. The game is played to pitch lines and hockey-sized goals, which helps to encourage improved decision making and technical skill from young players.
Dazzler
The Staff

Re: FUTSAL Fives @ K*ttering Arena Tues 13th Sep 7pm

Post by Dazzler »

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futsal (aka Futbol Sala as in Spain) and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futsal_in_England

Image from wikipedia - Argentina v Brazil -Futsal
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Futsal is something that the FA and Northants, through Lee Brown, are keen to promote at all ages.

For the youngsters it's a great opportunity to learn to play football the right way without resorting to the big hoof that we see so often at all levels. There's very little contact in Futsal so the players size is not the factor it can be in mini and junior soccer. The players get far more touches than they would in a normal mini soccer game and being played to lines and not off the wall as in traditional five a side it's more game realistic and relevant.

For adult players all the above apply plus you get to keep, or get your fitness levels up.

I've done a couple of courses on the basics, but the kids I coach (probably their parents as much) don't seem that interested. If it's something that's in the plans and has the support I'd be happy to help out with some coaching in wanted.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

No formal plans at present, but to me it definitely seems like something worth doing. I just wanted to publicise it a bit more, and if any fans want to get started on it, am sure we may be able to offer some support.

As I say I've seen quite a bit of this Futbol Sala in Spain, both league matches and training, and always thought it was a great way of improving skills etc.. and it's good to see the local FA also pushing this - Northamptonshire seemed to be an early adopter.
alex_RDFC

Post by alex_RDFC »

Dazzler wrote:No formal plans at present, but to me it definitely seems like something worth doing. I just wanted to publicise it a bit more, and if any fans want to get started on it, am sure we may be able to offer some support.

As I say I've seen quite a bit of this Futbol Sala in Spain, both league matches and training, and always thought it was a great way of improving skills etc.. and it's good to see the local FA also pushing this - Northamptonshire seemed to be an early adopter.
A friend of mine was an international Futsal player and played pro in Italy a couple of years ago. Hes only about 26 and played it for the top clubs in the UK against barca and co... he said that there was plans for a northants team a while back but it suddenly just got dropped but he wants to play in and manage a northants side...mind you he did say he manage the team after a few beers but he is a very good futsal player
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Sounds interesting. Is there perhaps some interest amongst the lads to get a team together? Not sure what nights they play and if it may clash with other leagues etc... but certainly sounds fun. May be worth someone going along tomorrow night to pick up info perhaps. As I say perhaps we're a bit late to the party here only having heard about it recently.
alex_RDFC

Post by alex_RDFC »

Dazzler wrote:Sounds interesting. Is there perhaps some interest amongst the lads to get a team together? Not sure what nights they play and if it may clash with other leagues etc... but certainly sounds fun. May be worth someone going along tomorrow night to pick up info perhaps. As I say perhaps we're a bit late to the party here only having heard about it recently.
apparently matches are sundays which means that they wouldnt clash with "normal" football but obvious bigger teams wouldnt be too happy with players playing else where because of injury and stuff. I think my mate is going to see what he can sort out and if he does and i get a chance to speak to him ill let you know what the outcome is.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Looks like Registration for this Season would need to be in by Wednesday...

> Registration Form <

Certainly be nice from an AFC R&D perspective to have a team in there (again unofficially at this time).
Redsnapper

Post by Redsnapper »

Sounds good, but noticed we actually missed the application cut off date by 10 years ...... :D

It stated it needed to be in by 14th September 2001 on the form .... !!
Supporting the community - AFC Diamonds Member No 63
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Redsnapper wrote:Sounds good, but noticed we actually missed the application cut off date by 10 years ...... :D It stated it needed to be in by 14th September 2001 on the form .... !!
Didn't even see that for looking...