Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
ferrers

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by ferrers »

Yes they can give them 14 day notice
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Well todays the day Sadact has arranged a meeting with the players and managment to tell them either all the contracts (except certain favorites, i hear) have been cancelled or that he has played a blinder at Poker over the weekend and Sausage had his spread bet finally work and they are mega wealthy again and eveybody gets a bonus.

In the spirit of Sausage, what option is your money lumped on.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Stalin

Post by Stalin »

It sounds like its going to be the last gunfight at the O.K. Corral.

I'll keep my hear out as I'm sure I'll be able to to hear the muffled sound of gunfire up in Higham :lol:
Mat.H

Post by Mat.H »

According to his twitter Ben Gerring has took an angry Mrs to the meeting "look out powers that be".
I feel for the players they only want to earn a living but they should of seen this coming and stayed away despite the lies they muist of been fed.
Last edited by Mat.H on Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
AFC R&D Membership No 283
Stalin

Post by Stalin »

Dam, so much for hearing the shoot out!

Ben Gerring ‏@BenGerring
Moving the goalposts last minute. Just reset sat nav to Cambridge
#thismeetingwillhappen
#faceyourplayers
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Off to meet the Cambridgeshire Mafia, i mean Consortium.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Everyweeker »

Seems the meeting is cancelled according to Ben Gerring.

I genuinely feel sympathy now, they are messing with people's lives. It is shameful. Anyone who gives another penny to IL now must be an absolute nut job (especially with KFC on the scene).
Member Number: 21
Stalin

Post by Stalin »

The club is a joke, their fans are a joke.

I bet there will be fans on the PoppyNet saying they will still go, they will still give Ladak their money, nobody will do anything, everyone is just sitting back and letting the club suffer a long slow painful death.

They could have done something by now, they could have all joined forces and hit Ladak in the pocket and withdraw their support but they still turn up, the deserve everything they get.

The club is on its last legs and nobody is on PoppyNet talking about it this morning.

They talk about 140 years of history but what does that get you at the end of the day, nothing, all their history as left them with are fans fighting amongst themselves to prove who is the biggest fan and who will stay with the club.

Its safe to say if we had the same mentality as the K*ttering fans there would be no AFC Diamonds, we might not have been 140 years old but by god we got off our arses and did something about it.

They deserve everything coming their way. :lol: :lol:
Stalin

Post by Stalin »

It seems the Poppies players are trying to track Sausage Rolls down.

Why would they be doing that, thought he wasn't allowed any involvement in the club :lol:
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Stalin wrote:The club is a joke, their fans are a joke.

I bet there will be fans on the PoppyNet saying they will still go, they will still give Ladak their money, nobody will do anything, everyone is just sitting back and letting the club suffer a long slow painful death.

They could have done something by now, they could have all joined forces and hit Ladak in the pocket and withdraw their support but they still turn up, the deserve everything they get.

The club is on its last legs and nobody is on PoppyNet talking about it this morning.

They talk about 140 years of history but what does that get you at the end of the day, nothing, all their history as left them with are fans fighting amongst themselves to prove who is the biggest fan and who will stay with the club.

Its safe to say if we had the same mentality as the K*ttering fans there would be no AFC Diamonds, we might not have been 140 years old but by god we got off our arses and did something about it.

They deserve everything coming their way. :lol: :lol:
Completely agree, they're all like 'staying to the bitter end' but by doing that they're not helping themselves at all, by now they should have all moved their support to kfc, their beloved ktfc is a lost cause. And why do the volunteers keep turning up to help this tw*t, surely if they were to all agree to boycott games then they could possibly help bring this shambles to an end, yes they keep coming back out of the love for their club and that's to be commended, but without someone to open the gates of the ground, without turnstile operators, without stewards, without ticket sellers etc etc on a matchday, then surely games literally would not be able to happen at NP, which potentially could at least speed up the club's demise. Though the inevitable player strike that will happen soon I imagine will finish the job quite nicely as well.

And with this rearranged/cancelled meeting, its like the players are being trolled, its ridiculous not paying them, then expecting them to drive to Cambridge using up expensive petrol then telling them to turn around and go back home cause the meeting's been cancelled! And a final point, am I missing something in regards to the new online shop they're set up, yes the funds go directly to the supplier so they should actually receive what they order this time, but then the money goes back to the club and I presume IL/GR (unless it goes to the trust), meaning the fans are giving IL/GR more money and they seem happy to do that!!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308