Desperate measures.....

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Desperate measures.....

Post by Pigman »

.......by our cuckoo chums from down the road: http://www.ketteringtownfc.co.uk/story.php?story_id=846

Hell of a drop in prices, I guess he'll need 4,000-5,000 through the turnstiles to make the move to NP viable now ................ what am I saying, the fantastic response from fans buying season tickets at knock down prices is what has made this possible, is that bloke full of bullshit or what?

I gave them 3 years tops, at this rate unless they start to pull in the punters at levels they've never done before they won't see the end of the season out, unless "someone" is helping out eh?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 31 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: Desperate measures.....

Post by Bob's Bitch »

The whole 'making it sustainable' thing lasted long then. I wonder how deep his pockets are because the break-even has to be way more than 3k now.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

Maybe someone else's pockets are deep, hope for their sake that Ladick isn't accepting help on the basis that the money is a loan from a friend eh?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Stalin

Post by Stalin »

Wow, reading Poppy Net they all seem to think its a brilliant idea.

They needed 3000 plus at the old prices to break even, now they've slashed the prices on the back of one victory; the maths doesn't add up.

Surely they are going to need 4000 fans each home game to break even now?

The Poppy Net fools also think that because the price is only £12 they're going to attract new fans.

They're all crazy; this time next year they'll be fucked.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 100 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I wouldn't watch them for free... would much rather put my money towards something worthwhile, like AFC Rushden & Diamonds :)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Stalin wrote:The Poppy Net fools also think that because the price is only £12 they're going to attract new fans.

They're all crazy; this time next year they'll be fucked.
Didn't they try something similar last season with the £10 tickets and didn't that have very little difference to attendances, I guess this'll be exactly the same :lol:

Just had a look at their thread and I'm amazed at the delusion on there, have they forgotten what happened when they got excited at the start of the season, look how long that excitement and positivity lasted.

"Winter months will put pay to the AFC Direones having many there at Kiln Park.Their enthusiasm will very soon disappear. Nice"

Funny because while I imagine we may struggle to consistently get 400 when it gets to the winter months, the fact of the matter is so will they and they're not going to have many paying customers at all on a cold Champions League night in February. I'd be amazed if their new found enthusiasm lasts long, new manager or not, they're not going to be any higher than mid table, which isn't going to get them the crowds they need to break even. For us, I don't see any reason why enthusiasm should drop tbh, we've only just started and have got a lot to look forward to with a decent youth team to watch and the senior team next season.
Last edited by Olly on Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Its initiatives like this that remind me of KCs speech back in April justifying why he got the Beasants involved - along the lines of having given the fans a chance to respond with his shirt sponsorship initiative, which they didn't take, thus shifting the blame onto them.

I wonder what steps they'll take to make sure local youngsters dont start pairing up with strangers outside the turnstiles.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 138 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Formic wrote: I wonder what steps they'll take to make sure local youngsters dont start pairing up with strangers outside the turnstiles.
Didn't think of that. :lol:
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Well the next step will no doubt be the name change to K*ttering Diamonds for next season with the K*ttering public blamed for apathy in not supporting the club enough to keep the historic name and the only way to entice the East Northants public is to encourage them with a name that means something in the local Area.

Myself i can see the whole enterprise collapse and Sadact will sell up and let others with real backing most likely change the name fully to try and get both sets of locals to support a totally new team.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

that's going to be a right mess. :shock:
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50