Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: Former Players

Post by STAGMAN »

Tom Shaw to become the new Assisitant manager at Chester
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

STAGMAN wrote:Tom Shaw to become the new Assisitant manager at Chester
Bloody hell, it doesn't seem 5 minutes ago that I was watching him in the old R&DFC youth team, now he's taking his first steps into management!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 138 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Garry Hill leaves Woking after 6 years as his contract hasn't been renewed.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Warren Patmore has been announced as the new manager for Elmore AFC.

Whilst on a Yeovil theme, Tony Pennock is now at Aberystwyth Town as assistant manager.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Diamond Warrior wrote:Warren Patmore has been announced as the new manager for Elmore AFC.

Whilst on a Yeovil theme, Tony Pennock is now at Aberystwyth Town as assistant manager.
Fatmore Patmore the man who ended the career of one of my all time favourite Diamonds players
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

Who was that then. I'm trying to wrack my brain as to who was in that first season in the league team.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

Diamond Warrior wrote:Warren Patmore has been announced as the new manager for Elmore AFC.

And whilst on the Yeovil theme does anyone else still feel robbed of that fa cup match that produced not the top, but one of the most diabolical decisions I've ever witnessed at a diamonds game which resulted in us being knocked out the cup. The Yeovil lad walking back with nobody around him clearly impeding joes view was not classed as offside and interfering with play :wacko:

Ok back to former players :cheesy:
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

therushden wrote:Who was that then. I'm trying to wrack my brain as to who was in that first season in the league team.
If your referring to Brownie's post, it was Michael mcelhatton
Basil

Post by Basil »

corby diamond wrote:

And whilst on the Yeovil theme does anyone else still feel robbed of that fa cup match that produced not the top, but one of the most diabolical decisions I've ever witnessed at a diamonds game which resulted in us being knocked out the cup. The Yeovil lad walking back with nobody around him clearly impeding joes view was not classed as offside and interfering with play :wacko:

To this day I still cannot see how Dean Bowditch was not interfering with play - one of the worst refereeing decisions ever :nono: :nono: :nono:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

Basil wrote:
corby diamond wrote:

To this day I still cannot see how Dean Bowditch was not interfering with play - one of the worst refereeing decisions ever :nono: :nono: :nono:
Seen plenty of worse decisions, but yes still annoyed, of course he was interfering with play.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101