Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: Former Players

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Formic wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:29 am I see there's a lot of fuss about Mark Wright trying to get a game at Crawley. I remember seeing him playing for the Diamonds at Woodford Halse all those years ago and thinking he didn't look destined to go very far in the game. He's done alright for himself outside of football though.

https://rdfc1992.com/2017/09/23/mark-wright/

Has to be a publicity stunt for a football league club to sign him! Played in the last few soccer aid's for England and looked "ok". Looked about southern div1 level at best and must be in his mid 30s now?
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:32 pm Has to be a publicity stunt for a football league club to sign him! Played in the last few soccer aid's for England and looked "ok". Looked about southern div1 level at best and must be in his mid 30s now?
Sadly there are people who don't see it as a publicity stunt. Here we are at a time so many clubs are struggling financially when any publicity is good publicity.

I believe he signed for someone a couple of years ago to either at Conference or Southern League level.

A lot of footballers watch TOWIE so having a personality like that around the training ground will help some of the players at Crawley who maybe struggling mental health wise during the pandemic.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Easton Diamond wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:22 pm Former R&DFC goalkeeper Joe Day joins Bristol Rovers on loan from Cardiff City:

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/20 ... day-signs/
And got on the score sheet on debut...
An unfortunate own goal to open the scoring!!
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

From his time at Peterborough.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Adrian wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:47 pm
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:32 pm Has to be a publicity stunt for a football league club to sign him! Played in the last few soccer aid's for England and looked "ok". Looked about southern div1 level at best and must be in his mid 30s now?
Sadly there are people who don't see it as a publicity stunt. Here we are at a time so many clubs are struggling financially when any publicity is good publicity.

I believe he signed for someone a couple of years ago to either at Conference or Southern League level.

A lot of footballers watch TOWIE so having a personality like that around the training ground will help some of the players at Crawley who maybe struggling mental health wise during the pandemic.
It's always a publicity stunt with him and some Clubs are happy to take advantage, they interviewed him yesterday on talk sport, apparently he was tired!!!! he came on for the last 2 bloody minutes. Sure many will remember a few years back when he signed for St Notes ££ all the teenage girls and TOWIE fans turned up for next home game but unfortunately though he had another engagement elsewhere and wasn't even there.
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

https://youtu.be/tZOuUc57yqE

I don't remember him playing for us. Then again that whole shambles before JE was very forgettable.
Used to turn up to see just how bad we were going to get.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

therushden wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:38 pm https://youtu.be/tZOuUc57yqE

I don't remember him playing for us. Then again that whole shambles before JE was very forgettable.
Only had a couple of good performances for the club and ended up being somewhat of a disappointing signing, having been decent at a higher level. Had a massive vendetta against the club for financial reasons, but that's another story.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:47 pm
therushden wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:38 pm https://youtu.be/tZOuUc57yqE

Only had a couple of good performances for the club and ended up being somewhat of a disappointing signing, having been decent at a higher level. Had a massive vendetta against the club for financial reasons, but that's another story.
Given some of the inaccuracies in his comments it's difficult to know if what he's saying is genuine or whether it's being said for comedic effect.

Recall him having one good game for us - away at Lewes who were bottom. Other than that he was a mile off it, which was a massive disappointment given a few years previously at Brighton and Swansea he was considered one of the top strikers in the Football League. Looking at his playing career on Wikipedia it looks like he was on a swift decline before he joined us.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Brownie wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:15 pm
Adrian wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:47 pm

It's always a publicity stunt with him and some Clubs are happy to take advantage, they interviewed him yesterday on talk sport, apparently he was tired!!!! he came on for the last 2 bloody minutes. Sure many will remember a few years back when he signed for St Notes ££ all the teenage girls and TOWIE fans turned up for next home game but unfortunately though he had another engagement elsewhere and wasn't even there.
St Notes that's the one,

I'm not even sure if he got a touch of the ball in the 2 minutes he was on, I was on the iPlayer the other day and noticed he's doing a show about his 'last chance at football' :blush: no doubt the TV show is the inspiration behind the whole thing, some people say he's one of the best players on Soccer Aid so watch that space :cheesy:
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Simon Rusk is the new Stockport County Manager - https://www.stockportcounty.com/rusk-mc ... ment-team/

I'm struggling to remember what sort of impact he had on the team when he was with R&DFC - I think the team was really struggling under Garry Hill at the time.