Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Oundle Diamond #2

Re: Former Players

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:35 am
Formic wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:23 am
Brownie wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:31 pm Bedford Town sign their 4th/5th keeper this season Michael Brimah who according to the write up was formally with R&D as a youth player, don’t know the name myself but sure it’s another one Oundle diamond2 has graced the pitch with.
He was in the AFC R&D Youth squad during 2012/13 - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/201213-u18-stats - playing a couple of games.
Be interesting to see which teams or what sort of level the players in that squad, are playing at now, it at all.
That year group was average with the best players leaving before getting to U18, including Ben Chilwell who is now for me the best English left back. Not a great record from RDFC academy the years around me, after Aaron Kings move rob liverpool didn’t work out. Dont think there are many playing higher than Zak/Brownie/Joe Curtis in our current Diamonds team, although you can watch one, a certain Mr. Reynolds, captain Barnet on TV on Monday night
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:10 pm
Brownie wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:31 pm Bedford Town sign their 4th/5th keeper this season Michael Brimah who according to the write up was formally with R&D as a youth player, don’t know the name myself but sure it’s another one Oundle diamond2 has graced the pitch with.
Not a clue. Swailes and Broadbent the whole way through
Dan Greene said thanks for remembering him🙄🙄
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:32 pm
Formic wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:23 am

He was in the AFC R&D Youth squad during 2012/13 - http://www.afcdiamonds.com/201213-u18-stats - playing a couple of games.
Be interesting to see which teams or what sort of level the players in that squad, are playing at now, it at all.
That year group was average with the best players leaving before getting to U18, including Ben Chilwell who is now for me the best English left back. Not a great record from RDFC academy the years around me, after Aaron Kings move rob liverpool didn’t work out. Dont think there are many playing higher than Zak/Brownie/Joe Curtis in our current Diamonds team, although you can watch one, a certain Mr. Reynolds, captain Barnet on TV on Monday night
Paris Cowan-Hall, who joined Pompey at the same time as Callum Reynolds, is still playing professionally, now at Wycombe.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

davealbon wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:38 pm
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:32 pm

Paris Cowan-Hall, who joined Pompey at the same time as Callum Reynolds, is still playing professionally, now at Wycombe.
Mixing age groups here but whilst on the theme of former youth team players and what they're doing now:

Joe Day is obviously still playing professionally with Newport County.

Sean Shields plays professionally with Ebbsfleet, although he's on-loan to fellow Conference club Boreham Wood at the moment. He is a popular figure at Ebbsfleet and has made over 100 appearances for them. I think he did make some Football League appearances with Dag & Red.

Ben Nunn is Dag & Red captain in the Conference Premier.

Obviously Nabil is still playing at Step 3 and Matt Evans plays at Step 3 too with Hartley Wintney.

Lewis Hilliard is at Step 4 with Peterborough Sports.

Jake Beecroft plays for Tunbridge Wells at Step 5. He has had a decent non-league career playing for clubs like Tonbridge Angels and Folkestone Invicta.

Jake Woolley, Liam Read and Callum Earls have been doing the rounds of Step 4/5/6 Leicestershire clubs for years. I saw Liam Read playing for Shepshed Dynamo a couple of seasons back and Callum Earls played against us for Oadby.

https://rdfc1992.com/
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Indeed. A big letdown was Lewis Hornby who made his football league debut very early but subsequently fell from grace. The best I ever played with except for Aaron King (Jerry Nash) is at a similar level to AFCRD I believe around Nottingham where he studies.

The lack of professionals who made it from our set up is sad though as we used to pummel teams like Brentford and QPR (Raheem Sterling included) up until U16. For me personally this is one of the saddest things about the original RDFC dying along with all the prospects there.
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

what about the youth team that started afc? thursday nights up at raunds and that wet cup final over corby.
any of those still kicking about?
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

I believe Jake Reynolds is still at Rushden & Higham, and Conor Bell played against us for Whitworths last season, not sure if he's still there though. Don't know of anyone else off the top of my head, but that doesn't mean they're not playing somewhere.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
RustyDiamond

Post by RustyDiamond »

Correct, JR is still at Rushden & Higham.

Not too sure on most, but I played a few times with Elliot Ames, Matti Ellis and Blake Helsdown at Irthlingborough Rangers over the last few years. They are in one of the Northants Combination Divisions and won a league title and the Combination version of the county cup in the last two seasons.

Sure I watched Mason Thomas play for someone at Hayden Road against Rushden & Higham last season, potentially Thrapston or Raunds.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

RustyDiamond wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:23 pm Correct, JR is still at Rushden & Higham.

Not too sure on most, but I played a few times with Elliot Ames, Matti Ellis and Blake Helsdown at Irthlingborough Rangers over the last few years. They are in one of the Northants Combination Divisions and won a league title and the Combination version of the county cup in the last two seasons.

Sure I watched Mason Thomas play for someone at Hayden Road against Rushden & Higham last season, potentially Thrapston or Raunds.
I think he was at Raines last season. He’s been playing for Burton Park Wanderers this season. There was talk of St. Ives being interested in him in the summer but they went for Dylan Wilson instead.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

Yannick Bolasie has joined Anderlecht on loan