Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: Former Players

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:44 pm Ben Acquaye signs for Banbury. Still splashing the cash.
Not at all and I’m able to speak through knowledge not wild assumptions. I don’t have the time to list some of the similarities but more importantly glaring differences between the two Clubs and I sure if I did though it would only be stating facts I’d probably be removed from here. However I came to Hayden Rd a few times last season and I’m sure I will next and if you wanted to listen I would be delighted to offer you some facts.
I would say though something that was stated to a point of becoming a little tedious “sustainability and living within the Clubs means” are policies adhered to at Bens new Club.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

To be fair (not usually a quality I express) they did have a decent FA Cup run which would have brought in some extra cash.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

It’s fair to say that Banbury are a very well run club and we have often asked them for their advice and thoughts on issues. As well as that good cup run they have a large number of committed sponsors who support them Club in many ways.
Ben will do well there and I wish him luck.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I took my family to York last weekend and spent £50 on a meal. A man living in a shop doorway 100 yards down the street said I was splashing the cash, but for me it was sustainable.
AFC R & D member number 34
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

who cares where hes gone,,,good luck to him,,i wish him all the best :byebye: im more interested in whats happening at our club,,,,,very quiet,do we actually have a team?,what players have stayed?any news on players in? any news on youngsters breaking through?probably the wrong place to post this :whistle: but hey ho.....cant wait for the new season :joy:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

discodunk wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:07 pm who cares where hes gone,,,good luck to him,,i wish him all the best :byebye: im more interested in whats happening at our club,,,,,very quiet,do we actually have a team?,what players have stayed?any news on players in? any news on youngsters breaking through?probably the wrong place to post this :whistle: but hey ho.....cant wait for the new season :joy:
I must admit I do get frustrated with the way we operate on this front. Every summer we're always very quiet on squad news compared to other clubs on social media and it looks like this year is no different. I understand that even if a player has agreed to sign, stay, or leave, nothing can actually be official until the forms are signed, but this is not the summer to be silent.

Many of us will never have felt more disassociated with the club and football generally than we do right now. Everyone is out of the habit and that's been borne out in the lack of posts on this forum. We've got to do something to enthuse people or attendances for the largely uninteresting pre-season matches will be disappointing and even worse, attendances generally will be down when the real stuff starts.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

On the OWS forum the club secretary gives a very informative and comprehensive explanation why we do not announce "signings" so far in advance.
I do believe we have at least one exciting signing to be revealed in due course and to date none of last seasons squad have said they will not be signing.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:02 am On the OWS forum the club secretary gives a very informative and comprehensive explanation why we do not announce "signings" so far in advance.
Which is fine and makes sense as an explanation, but doesn't take in to account the other factors I've mentioned above.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

It’s really difficult to get it right in normal circumstances, this year it’s even more of a challenge.

Last year, we put out a list of players who’d “committed” to the Club for the new season - at least 2 of them then went and signed elsewhere. We can’t get it right whatever we do.

However, I absolutely agree that we need to enthuse supporters ahead of the new season. Anyone with any ideas is welcome to drop me a line and we’ll see what we can do - much depends on the review of restrictions on June 21st though.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
mattparker
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

Personally I find it pretty patronising that you think fans don’t understand that announced squads are provisional ahead of preseason. Given players can leave after a 7 day approach (happy to be corrected if wrong) at any point in the season, no squad is ever 100%. As suggested, give fans something be excited about