Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 138 times

Re: Former Players

Post by BartonRaz »

Diamondsforever wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:30 pm It’s really difficult to get it right in normal circumstances, this year it’s even more of a challenge.

Last year, we put out a list of players who’d “committed” to the Club for the new season - at least 2 of them then went and signed elsewhere. We can’t get it right whatever we do.

However, I absolutely agree that we need to enthuse supporters ahead of the new season. Anyone with any ideas is welcome to drop me a line and we’ll see what we can do - much depends on the review of restrictions on June 21st though.
Don't want to be seen to be having a pop at you or anyone else specifically D4E but I don't think the fact that 2 players moved on after being announced as retained was held against the club in any way, or caused any real embarrassment. I think everyone is aware at this level, where player contracts aren't commonplace, that nothing is ever set in stone. Ultimately in any context, if plenty of others are doing something different we should probably challenge whether what we're doing is right.

I've noticed in the past couple of days that both Alvechurch and Peterborough Sports have been announcing their retained lists player-by-player which is driving big engagement and presumably keeping their fans glued to their respective Twitter pages. I know historically we just put an article out on the OWS and link to it on Twitter. Accumulatively across all the posts that's probably 1000+ likes/retweets for those 2 clubs VS maybe 20-30 for us for what's effectively the same story. Coalville is another who's adopted this approach.

In the event we don't have a retained list yet, then some feedback/interview from the Manager or even a player who has committed (I'm sure there must be some!) would suffice for now. Scrolling down our Twitter page, over the course of the past month there's barely anything relevant to our first team directly, with the exception of PSF announcements and a couple of retweets.

On a completely unrelated note I see Ricky Johnson has left Banbury. Not sure where he's based but I'd love to see him here.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:52 amOn a completely unrelated note I see Ricky Johnson has left Banbury. Not sure where he's based but I'd love to see him here.
He’s a local Banbury lad and I’m sure someone will have his number.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I don't see any problem with issuing a "retained list", with the proviso "subject to registration with the league"
AFC R & D member number 34
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

There's now an interview with Andy Peaks on the OWS that gives a very useful update.
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

Joe Day transfers from Cardiff City to Newport County.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

Claudiu Hoban to bugbrooke st michaels. :huh:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

brad harris also to bugbrooke.
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Ex RDFC loanee Michael Gash, who was released by King’s Lynn Town, has joined Peterborough Sports.🤔
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Looks like Chris Wreh has made up his mind which Scottish side to sign for. Bamb-burghy
Bolts1988
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Bolts1988 »

discodunk wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:59 pm Claudiu Hoban to bugbrooke st michaels. :huh:
Why don't Peaksy go and get him, too good to play at step 6.