Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: Former Players

Post by Brownie »

Formic wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:52 am
Brownie wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:56 pm I’m sure we have asked the question many times but finally after almost 2 seasons sitting on the bench when if you exclude Senior Cup games 50 appearances probably amount to 300 minutes football Luke Fairlamb has finally gone out on loan!! To bloody Banbury, I’m beginning to not care where we finish this season as long as we finish above them. What sort of match form Luke will be in I’ve no idea given he’s done little but train for the past 20 months.
Luke was Man of the Match for Banbury last night. He and Greg Kaziboni scored in their win, with Jack Westbrook still in favour, although Lewis Wilson was only on the bench. It will be an interesting clash on Saturday, scene of one of the worst performances I've seen from a Diamonds team.
The 1-0 defeat that could have easily been 10, try to remember the excellent win there in the cup replay at the end of last year instead far better for your mental wellbeing. As Luke gets goals about as frequently as our left back hopefully that's him done for a while now and no chance of getting one against us.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

If we want Kaziboni and Fairlamb next season we need to support the New Lottery. Had the club been able to set this up a couple of months ago then it is quite likely those two would be with us now.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Ryan Hughes now on loan at Corby.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Not a former player, but Muhammadu Faal, who scored against us for Enfield in the FA Cup earlier this season, has signed for Bolton Wanderers.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:27 am Not a former player, but Muhammadu Faal, who scored against us for Enfield in the FA Cup earlier this season, has signed for Bolton Wanderers.
He signed for them in January on 18 month contract
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Reports of a freak injury to Taylor Orosz yesterday playing for Cogenhoe. Challenging for the ball on the touch line falls and goes head first into a railing concrete post. Match abandoned with air ambulance called. He’s now in hospital with a broken elbow, broken nose and head trauma. Wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Duane Darby has stepped down as Redditch manager.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Aaron O Connor released by Poppies.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:27 am Aaron O Connor released by Poppies.
Apparently heading towards Boston United.

I keep seeing clubs signing / releasing players on the Non League site and thinking how weird this all is as i don't think there will be a non league next season until a vaccine has been found, part time players have day jobs, one being asymptomatic could infect his squad and the opposition squad,

Every country in the world needs a vaccine, when there is one, the UK probably won't be at the top of the list so it could take a while to distribute it around the world... this leads me to believe there will be no non league football till 2022 at least.

I hope I'm wrong but player safety comes first so i wouldn't complain, i just hope that we don't see 30% of non league clubs go bust and shut down in that time.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
paulg

Post by paulg »

Yes I’d be interested to know what wording these clubs are using in these new contracts being offered. Corby (Step 4) re-signed Tommy Wright as manager yesterday, for example, and other clubs have been handing players new deals/contract extensions, but under what terms? Presumably there is no start or end date quoted in these contracts as there is currently no such concept as ‘next season’ or ‘2020-21 season’ in the non-league pyramid, as obviously playing behind closed doors isn’t an option being explored by any division below the Championship, due to financial reasons, and playing in front of crowds is widely expected to be unrealistic for quite some time.