[ Sat 20th Oct ] v Burton Park Wanderers KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: [ Sat 20th Oct ] v Burton Park Wanderers KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

With Taylor out injured, Starms MUST start Newman alongside either Morgan or Ellwood. Them two are too similar and not out and out goalscorers. Maybe could of gone with 3 up top today but most of our key players were quiet and Quincy is getting ever closer to letting in a howler!
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Poor performance I thought...

Never under any real threat, so a sloppy goal to give away. We don't seem to realise how much time we have on the ball. A lot of wasted opportunities, either just rushed or players hitting the ball way too hard.

Quincy was a tad off today, as was our front line (far too many offsides and poor decision making )

Their Keeper kept them in it though, with a couple of cracking saves in the second half.

Still onwards and upwards. They'll learn from that.

Atmosphere was pretty dead today. Perhaps it's our fault we didnt win ;)
Basil

Post by Basil »

It was our fault we didn't win but their keeper probably had the best game of his life out there today and ours didn't!!!!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Frustrating afternoon. I think we are really missing Alfie's movement although credit to the BPW keeper who made a few top drawer saves. I feel the PDB need to get behind the team from the start.
As for Radio Diamonds thinking we were 2-1 up it should be pointed out when a goal is scored the opposition restarts from the centre spot. Shades of Brighton back in 2004 methinks. ;)
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

Bad day at the office! Still onwards and upwards the next game is what matters now.
Credit to Burton though, I saw them last week and they were awful. Today they raised their game and I think fully deserved their point.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
Whip

Post by Whip »

I personally feel the atmosphere would be improved greatly if we were to shoot towards the PDB in the second half. I know it all depends on the coin toss, but it's always a better buzz in the second half when the games are tight like today's, and with the roof, would surely be a positive for the players!
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Thought we were poor today, Burton PW were the better side by far.

I don't know what Quincy was doing for their goal, and a few other times he nearly cost us.

Credit to Burton PW they raised their game, and their keeper Liam Fox kept them in it.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Whip wrote:I personally feel the atmosphere would be improved greatly if we were to shoot towards the PDB in the second half. I know it all depends on the coin toss, but it's always a better buzz in the second half when the games are tight like today's, and with the roof, would surely be a positive for the players!
Agreed totally. Should be warming up at the PDB end, and shooting towards it in the second half. Not sure if there is some thinking behind it but it seems strange, it's natural for a team to shoot towards their own supporters in the second half, is it not?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Can anybody remember who won the toss because I also agree we should be attacking the PDB in the second half. I felt that the 12th man were very poor today.
Last edited by Trek on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

Right my second game and first at the D&d, this is my honest thoughts.

The game
Pretty poor, only the back four and the little guy in midfield look any good, the keeper looks awful, and i wouldn't let him anywhere near the pitch. Burton look solid, and their number 9 is what we was missing. I thought really Burton just edged it overall. The pitch is terrible and does look like its causing some problems to the team, as it looks like they like to pass but cannot on that surface

The pitch
Up to usual standards of it throughout history , rubbish, but i believe it is being worked on

Crowd
Good numbers poor support, was disappointed With no noise from the pdb

Ground
Not a patch on hayden road, but i can see that there is room for improvement with it

All a bit negative tbh, but early days, not sure i am too fussed about getting down the d& d but i will make most away games, has more romance too me.

The positive was the people, great bunch, do anything for each other and some obviously putting themselves majorly out to get the game on, and not even get to watch it, well done you, you should be proud of what you have achieved so far.