[ Sat 20th Oct ] v Burton Park Wanderers KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 20th Oct ] v Burton Park Wanderers KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

Post by Dazzler »

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/afc-rushden- ... -wanderers

Finally a home match for the first team.

Don't forget to get a Monday night pass to come see the U18's as well - Haydn will do the cooking.
burger monster

Re: [ Sat 20th Oct ] v Burton Park Wanderers KO 3pm UCL1 HOME

Post by burger monster »

;) ;) ;) I certainly will be.

Looking forward to the game.

C u all monday night.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Big one for me this one. Used to play for and watch BPW (when RDFC were away) and know a few BPW players. Hopefully another victory for AFC tho!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

With Oadby not playing in the league on Saturday, it's a chance for us to move to the top of the table.

GOWON YOU DIAMONDS !!
AFC R & D member number 34
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Got to be looking for maximum points from this one. Feels like such a long time since the Thrapston game!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

I'd like to put out bit of a shout for one or two additional people to help out with stewarding the car park on Saturday if possible?

I have to work Saturday morning and probably won't get to the ground until gone 2pm, it'd help greatly if a couple people could help - we need someone up the top near to the road, another on the barrier and a third in the carpark making sure people park as tight and as tidy as they can (parking tetris can be fun ;) ).

If anyone can do it please let chas know? chas@afcdiamonds.com - thanks
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

Couldn't get to Yaxley yesterday so I watched BPW v Thrapston. To be honest if they defend as they did yesterday we should get a few. Mistakes must have presented Thrapston with nearly a dozen chances, although awful finishing meant they ONLY scored 4. The Burton keeper (Liam Fox, Kevins son) actually made a few decent saves including a penalty, but let a simple catch, under no pressure, go straight through his hands into the net. At the other end we will need to watch Leigh Chapman who looks to have lost a lot of weight :lol: and was sharper than I've seen him previously, his hat-trick made the scoreline a lot closer than it should have been.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
Diamond_ Wolf
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Sid wrote:Couldn't get to Yaxley yesterday so I watched BPW v Thrapston. To be honest if they defend as they did yesterday we should get a few. Mistakes must have presented Thrapston with nearly a dozen chances, although awful finishing meant they ONLY scored 4. The Burton keeper (Liam Fox, Kevins son) actually made a few decent saves including a penalty, but let a simple catch, under no pressure, go straight through his hands into the net. At the other end we will need to watch Leigh Chapman who looks to have lost a lot of weight :lol: and was sharper than I've seen him previously, his hat-trick made the scoreline a lot closer than it should have been.
I've watched BPW quite a few times and I agree that Chapman can be a danger man, he is an excellent finisher. I know him and I believe he could play a higher level but he likes the beer too much. :lol: and his weight seems to vary quite a bit.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Leigh Chapman is the only player I've played with who struggled to get his boot and sock on over is electronic tag! :lol: On his day a very decent player but you've got to question his fitness.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Diamond_ Wolf
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote:Leigh Chapman is the only player I've played with who struggled to get his boot and sock on over is electronic tag! :lol: On his day a very decent player but you've got to question his fitness.
:lol:

Did you play in the same side as Chappo?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56