[ Sat 27th Oct ] v Eynesbury Rovers KO 3pm UCL1 AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: [ Sat 27th Oct ] v Eynesbury Rovers KO 3pm UCL1 AWAY

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

bozzer wrote:no joe merrill??!!!!

Amended, i was confusing myself :oops:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

I just think he'd scored goals given a chance up top, wouldnt be my first choice striker, just for a game or two, cos Jake didnt do enough for me on Saturday.

I'd also definately give Gillingwater and Louis Smith starts, they both deserve a go IMO.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Jake Reynolds is knocking on the door of the first team squad as well - vastly improved, bagged 2 more (so far) tonight as well !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

This forum is ridiculous sometimes...

Some of you boys have got to realise that these aren't professional footballers, and that this is a much lower standard than even the conference. MISTAKES WILL HAPPEN. These lads are not protected from the criticism. They'll be coming on here or facebook and reading all this.

Criticize the performance as a team sure...but to question players individually is not on really. I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Quincy and Newman struggled with confidence next week now. They are playing for us because of the crowds and support and the chance to be part of a well run and well supported team that has the potential for long term success.
This isn't well supported right now...a couple of poor performances and you boys are running your mouths off like premiership season ticket holders who's side shipped in 5 against weaker opposition. Especially on that UCL page.

Claiming players don't want to play for us or are selfish or not good enough etc is just ridiculous. So what if a striker took too long on the ball, missed a sitter or had a moan at another player??...it happens. You say unlucky, you encourage said player, you help motivate them.

What worries me is i'm not even sure our coaching staff are doing that sometimes.. The amounts of times i've heard our bench say "that's shit" or "what the f*** was that!?" etc is amazing....passionate? hmmm not so sure.

Are they Doing a great job with the team? Absolutely and in my opinion we'll soon have cracked it! but they could think about better ways to rally up the troops. Intimidation/demoralisation is not the way to go.

We have no god given right to win every game or go up. We do have a strong squad but it's hardly gelled yet and wont if we come on here and pick it to shreds. Give them time and for god sake cheer up!...AFC are a joy to watch compared to the league 2 drivel we served up a few seasons back

Go to the games, help out when you can, support, encourage, make noise...discuss the game in detail after sure, but lets not get personal..it will do way more damage than you think.
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

^^^^ what he said !! :D
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

You also have to remember the age of these lads, apart from Jamie and Hopie, not one of them is over 30, in fact most of them aren't over 25.

Their best years are yet to come, let's hope it's in a Diamonds shirt.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

RushdenTillIDie wrote:This forum is ridiculous sometimes...

Some of you boys have got to realise that these aren't professional footballers, and that this is a much lower standard than even the conference. MISTAKES WILL HAPPEN. These lads are not protected from the criticism. They'll be coming on here or facebook and reading all this.

Criticize the performance as a team sure...but to question players individually is not on really. I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Quincy and Newman struggled with confidence next week now.
Ahh, but aren't you one of Jake Newman's friends? So can we take from that that he reads this forum? ;)

On a serious note I can agree with you on most points. By all means point out what a player is/isn't doing or how they can improve, but perhaps calling somebody 'shit' isn't going to be very productive.

What I would say though is that yes mistakes are going to be made, and yes we're not watching the same level of football we've been used to, but it's all relative. If our current players' histories are to be taken into account we should have more than enough to beat every team in this division without fail. That's where people are getting frustrated. As MS said in his post-Eynesbury interview, we've got too many players with a proven track record at this level that aren't living up to their billing.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

I don't think anyone is disputing that Raz, we're all disappointed with last Saturday's performance, none more so than the players and the management, as you can clearly tell from Starms' and Hopey's interviews, you can see and feel their pain. I think what's being debated here is the best way to get out of this.

Some people feel its best to berate the players, maybe to even make changes etc, others are saying its time to get behind the team and offer support, that giving those who haven't performed to the best of their ability the time to do so is the best route. Personally, I've got faith in the management team to do whats best, thats why we gave them to jobs they've got. If there is any berating to be done I'm sure Starms is up to the job of delivering that, he knows the players he's got and he'll know what works with the various characters he has in the squad, they'll all respond to different approaches.

Looking forward to Saturday and a chance to get behind the boys and hopefully get a confidence boosting win, then we can move on.

The bottom line is we're all fans and we all love the club, we just have differing views on how to deal with some stuff.

On a positive front, great performance from the U18's last night :D
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

I'd like to echo those thoughts, I'm not one for knee jerk reactions and will get behind the lads on saturday. It must be difficult to suddenly play in front of a few hundred people instead of just a few!

Also the pressure of playing for AFC R&D may not be to some peoples liking and I can accept that.
Give them time, one loss is nothing to get uptight about 8-)

When we lost 7-0 to Cogenhoe last season, did that put you off supporting the team?...........No, and it shouldn't now either 8-)
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

BartonRaz wrote:
RushdenTillIDie wrote:This forum is ridiculous sometimes...

Criticize the performance as a team sure...but to question players individually is not on really. I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Quincy and Newman struggled with confidence next week now.
Ahh, but aren't you one of Jake Newman's friends? So can we take from that that he reads this forum? ;)
There may have been an element of 'leave my friend alone' in that yes ;) :lol:

He'll come good...as will all our strikers! Christ, we're creating enough chances

Roll on Saturday!