Good Atmosphere Tonight

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Good Atmosphere Tonight

Post by STAGMAN »

I thought it ws a very good atmosphere tonight on the PDB terrace, everyone there really got behind the lads today. Also who is going to own up to giving Jaff that megaphone? :lol:
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 31 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: Good Atmosphere Tonight

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Please please please please pleeeeeease can the megaphone be used at Eyensbury?! I liked their physio BTW.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

cracking noise tonight boys ...... superb ;) ;) ;)
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Sara Pascoe wrote:Please please please please pleeeeeease can the megaphone be used at Eyensbury?! I liked their physio BTW.
I thought the megaphone was totally tacky and inappropriate - the sort of thing you might get on the continent but not in English football. It's one step away from a Mexican wave or calling the game soccer IMO.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I thought it was quite funny and something different, I think it definitely made a difference shooting toward the pdb in the 2nd half
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

STAGMAN wrote:I thought it ws a very good atmosphere tonight on the PDB terrace, everyone there really got behind the lads today. Also who is going to own up to giving Jaff that megaphone? :lol:
I got the Megaphone when I purchased the other Tannoy speakers. I had it in the bar with me, when Barry and Jaff came in, and asked how it was going outside. They said it was a little quiet, so I said try the Megaphone...but don't use the Siren feature :roll:
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Cracking atmosphere. Well done lads and to Starms for kicking the right way. On another day we'd won that match.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

The megaphone really added to the atmosphere last night, it was a very enjoyable experience all round, and visibly lifted the players & 12th man support. I thought McBride was man of the match, he really chased evrything down and battled hard.

Soccer is a word invented by an Englishman long long before our American friends took it to describe the game.

I recall Lincoln using a device like an air raid siren at Sinny Bank so our siren was great, but those using it need to throw less personal abuse or it could become a public nuisance.
AFC R & D member number 34
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Soccer is a word invented by an Englishman long long before our American friends took it to describe the game.
Soccer is an abbreviation of the word Association to distinguish it from Rugby Football and used widely in the Public School system.
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I assume somebody checked that megaphones were OK at our level ? I noticed NFA and UCL officials at the game, so I assume they were consulted - http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 829AA3yWGE