Jake Newman...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
UttoDiamond

Jake Newman...

Post by UttoDiamond »

http://www.northantstelegraph.co.uk/spo ... witterfeed

Right, might be putting two+two and getting seven, but is this the same Jake Newman? And if it is, why is he playing Sunday League? :?
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Jake Newman...

Post by Trek »

Wouldn't surprise me if it is our Jake. I think at our level many younger lads also play Sunday League football. I see one of his teammates also scored a hat-trick, Matt Judge, who played for Whitworths and did that Kung Fu kick on Joe Merrill in that League KO Cup match.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

If it stops me ever having to watch that 2m period of him missing one-on-ones in the highlights again then it can only be a good thing! (if it is him!)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

I doubt the club would be best pleased with it though (if it is him).
Drunken Debanker
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Drunken Debanker »

Trek wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if it is our Jake. I think at our level many younger lads also play Sunday League football. I see one of his teammates also scored a hat-trick, Matt Judge, who played for Whitworths and did that Kung Fu kick on Joe Merrill in that League KO Cup match.
Judge was the one who got his backside out in the 2nd game against us, the kung fu kick was a a different lad pretty certain it is the same Jake Newman as another of the scorers in that game plays for whitworths first team too.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
We'll Drink Some Beer
And We'll Drink Some More
Cuz We Are The Rushden Boys On Tour.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

That is indeed 'OUR JAKE'. I know another player well and he mentioned the name of Jake when he was telling me of the team in a previous match. Most players at Div 1 will play both Saturday and Sunday football, with the risk of injury being greater on a Sunday, due to the fact it is gritty grudge matches between pub teams. It is up to the Management to express any approval or disapproval for 1st team players to play for any other teams.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I'm sure MS would have given his consent to any of our lads wanting to play Sunday football, at this level of football it would be unfair to stop them. Yes it's probably dangerous, but on the other hand it's extra fitness which is important when you're only training for a couple of hours a week.

St Neots player Declan Rogers was released a month or so ago for 'gross misconduct' - which turned out to be playing Sunday League football on the quiet.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

He's scored 5 in 5, provided assists and has missed a few other chances but that's still quality at this level and he's young...he'll only get better and better under this management and with him banging them in on a sunday also...things loook good.

Can't wait to see him and Alfie together. But the partnership with Morgan is just as lethal. Our strike force is cracking, I hope they all are happy with their roles...if playing on a sunday too is what keeps them happy then so be it.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Quite a few of the lads play Sunday football. Ben and Jack both still play for Titchmarsh (Ben is player/manager) I used to play in the same team as them a couple of years ago.

Although there is a risk of injury I believe that playing Sunday football keeps them grounded and MS is obviously OK with that.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
ron manager

Post by ron manager »

Makes of a mockery of those prem players who moan about playing two games a week, our guys play two games in two days.