[ Sat 15th Dec ] v Buckingham Town KO 3pm (@Bletchley) UCL1

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

[ Sat 15th Dec ] v Buckingham Town KO 3pm (@Bletchley) UCL1

Post by Formic »

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/buckingham-t ... h-december

I'm sure you are all aware the game is at Manor Fields in Bletchley - admission is only £4.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Re: [ Sat 15th Dec ] v Buckingham Town KO 3pm (@Bletchley) U

Post by bozzer »

can't wait!!
AFC R&D Member No. 67
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Do they have any seats Formic? I've done myself a mischief and I'm on crutches for the foreseeable future - can't see myself standing on one leg for 2 hours but I'm desperate to go.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

And also anyone know what sort of state the ground is in now someone's playing there again, the couple of photos I found online of it show it to be falling apart (though obviously taken before Buckingham moved in), though it does seem to have a terrace with a few steps, unless they've removed that. But looking forward to it anyway, hopefully we should be able to take over 300.

And it'll be an interesting game for sure, Buckingham have had some shocking results this season (i.e. losing 6-0 to Olney and Harrowby of all people) showing that if they're not on their game on the day they can collapse and on paper it should be an easy 3 points for us, but then again they've had the odd good result lately, like beating Whitworths 5-3 and BPW 5-0 and of course with us coming to town and a big crowd, they'll be up for it and I'm sure will raise their game, so I fear it could be a similar game to the Wootton, Olney and BPW games, fingers crossed we just get that 3 points we need.
Last edited by Olly on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Our club played pre-season friendly there and from reports from those that attended the general consensus was 'a bit of a dump'. :shock:
Even the stand didn't have a roof on it and people were surprised that they had been allowed to play in the UCL.

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/buckingham-t ... fc-rd-xi-3
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

BartonRaz wrote:Do they have any seats Formic? I've done myself a mischief and I'm on crutches for the foreseeable future - can't see myself standing on one leg for 2 hours but I'm desperate to go.
They have a small stand with around 75 seats, so I would advise getting there early!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

davealbon wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:Do they have any seats Formic? I've done myself a mischief and I'm on crutches for the foreseeable future - can't see myself standing on one leg for 2 hours but I'm desperate to go.
They have a small stand with around 75 seats, so I would advise getting there early!
Thanks Dave.

I should mention on this thread that Buckingham are one of only two other sides in this league to have a functioning internet forum: http://s2.excoboard.com/Buckingham_Town_Fc/36144
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Some pics taken a month ago.

http://www.adventuresinfootball.co.uk/g ... or-fields/

Hopefully the side with the dugouts and the end overlooked by the flats will have some kind of a rope to designate where fans can stand. When we were there in pre-season the area you see in the pic below was out of bounds, and was cordoned off, and you can see the barriers in this pic.

EDIT: you can see the rope on the dugout side in the pics In the linked article. The stand does appear to have a roof on it now.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Formic wrote:Some pics taken a month ago.

http://www.adventuresinfootball.co.uk/g ... or-fields/

Hopefully the side with the dugouts and the end overlooked by the flats will have some kind of a rope to designate where fans can stand. When we were there in pre-season the area you see in the pic below was out of bounds, and was cordoned off, and you can see the barriers in this pic.

EDIT: you can see the rope on the dugout side in the pics In the linked article. The stand does appear to have a roof on it now.
Health and safety death trap! :lol:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

How many balls do they lose in that jungle? :o