We have no team to fear in Northants!

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Downsie53

We have no team to fear in Northants!

Post by Downsie53 »

after a few of us made the detour to Sickfields (to go in the Dag & Red end may i add) after getting almost to Oxford :evil: , i have to say what an utter load of shit that particular game was! No atmosphere and absolutely no ability on show.
but singing 'de banke army', 'take me home' and 'hi ho rushden and diamonds' at sixfields when diamonds weren't even there was a real highlight!!!
hopefully we can get back to playing on Monday after what seem like an age.
JUMP! Oooooh De Banke Army!
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: We have no team to fear in Northants!

Post by Olly »

Could have gone to Wobblers or scum but hate them both and clearly they had little entertainment on show so went to see Corby v Gainsborough instead, the quality was poor and Corby were sh*t but at least there was good entertainment with 4 goals, good to see Gulliver his usual hoofing self and only paid a fiver as well. Don't expect them in the BSP anytime soon though, no idea how they're not struggling as it was a pretty dire performance from them giving 2 goals away late on, so no definitely no team to fear in the county.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
godber

Post by godber »

If Dagenham can get in the top 3 or so of league 2 playing like that then Diamonds could walk that league and I actually mean that
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I was in the Cobblers end today but could see and hear the Diamonds fans.

Did any of them speak to the Dag & Red fans and what was the Cobblers fans reaction?

As for the ability, i thought we would have beaten both of those sides. Luton Town fans on a conference forum i use think that the Conference is a better standard than League Two.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Rdfc91

Post by Rdfc91 »

Singing Super Billy Sharp was a personal highlight ;)
ID

Post by ID »

Good on you lads. :lol:

Regarding the latter point, the gap in quality between the top-half of the BSP and League 2 in general is very, very small. It's a travesty that there is only one automatic promotion place. :?
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
danielp4219

Post by danielp4219 »

Good effort lads! Wish i could've heard that.

You have to think that with promoted sides tending to do a lot better than they used to that the football league might take note eventually and change things, it does seem a shame that another BSP club doesnt get a chance to try their hand at league 2, after potentially finishing second as well! look at cambridge last year, not that I'm shedding a tear for them of course...

Won't be long now before we overtake the scum in the league and retain our status as the pride of northants!
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

danielp4219 wrote:Good effort lads! Wish i could've heard that.

You have to think that with promoted sides tending to do a lot better than they used to that the football league might take note eventually and change things, it does seem a shame that another BSP club doesnt get a chance to try their hand at league 2, after potentially finishing second as well! look at cambridge last year, not that I'm shedding a tear for them of course...

Won't be long now before we overtake the scum in the league and retain our status as the pride of northants!
Completely agree about things needing to change (especially with regard to youth funding and compensation protection for youngster under the age of 16, it's a disgrace that funding is not based on the standard of your youth development, but the league the first team play in).

That said, I can't see it happening. There would be a lot of opposition from those teams who are at the bottom of League Two. It will probably take something special to pull it off.
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Yeah agreed with everything said, the atmosphere from the Rushden fans was great yesterday, shame we couldnt have played!! A particular highlight for me was shouting abuse at the wobbs fans, who replied with "stand up if you hate the posh" ?! It was also nice to hear the Daggers fans sing to the wobbs "Small town near Rushden"! and i also had to chuckle at the fact they had to play crowd noises before the players came out to build the atmosphere!

Tbh if the top half of the BSp swapped with the bottom half of Lge 2, there would not be a lot of difference, except the teams at the top of Lge 2 would have a harder time. Daggers fans were on the whole not keen on us being there, but the couple we spoke to were very disappointed in how their team played, and suggested that the wobbs were the worst team they had played!

Also Akinfenwa winning man of the match award, which was sponsored by a health club, sums the day up!
Steve

Post by Steve »

I think an interesting way of looking at it is to look at our squad who got relegated - apart from jacko and magnus, all of the rest of the squad has disappeared from the football world really. Where are players like Tynan, Nicholls, Bull and Stokes - nowhere. I think every one in our current squad apart from Stuart, Wolly and the less regulars like Cousins could walk into most L2 teams