Remaining matches: AFCRD, Eynesbury, N'pton Sileby, Oadby

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Re: Remaining matches: AFCRD, Eynesbury, N'pton Sileby, Oadb

Post by Pigman »

UttoDiamond wrote:Burton PW and Bugbrooke have won again tonight I believe (early KOs). BPW are on fire at the moment and have still to play Oadby and Eynesbury - could be interesting!
They did indeed, Northampton Spencer also won tonight, 4-0 v Wootton BC, they're on a 10 match unbeaten run, very impressive, puts them up to 5th in the table.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

I chatted with Spencer chap this morning and he said they would take it easy tonight, because they have Sileby at the weekend and they are up for being the first team to take 6 points off them. The weekend warm up, so to speak... 8-)
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

While its nice to see Spencer with a great run of form going into the Sileby game, it is slightly concerning, at this rate we're going to have a real last day of the season fight on our hands. At least its going to be an interesting end to the season I guess and if we manage to beat them at their place (which none of the other top teams have managed) then we truly deserve promotion.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

UttoDiamond wrote:Burton PW and Bugbrooke have won again tonight I believe (early KOs). BPW are on fire at the moment and have still to play Oadby and Eynesbury - could be interesting!
and Sileby. They play Oadby at home next Wednesday, i'm sure they'll get a few of us there for that!
TheIncognitoKid

FOOTYMAN wrote:I chatted with Spencer chap this morning and he said they would take it easy tonight, because they have Sileby at the weekend and they are up for being the first team to take 6 points off them. The weekend warm up, so to speak... 8-)
Been informed that Rob Foster won't be playing for Spencer as he is running the London marathon on Sunday
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:
FOOTYMAN wrote:I chatted with Spencer chap this morning and he said they would take it easy tonight, because they have Sileby at the weekend and they are up for being the first team to take 6 points off them. The weekend warm up, so to speak... 8-)
Been informed that Rob Foster won't be playing for Spencer as he is running the London marathon on Sunday
When did he move from Sileby to Spencer? ;) ;)
TheIncognitoKid

Formic wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:
When did he move from Sileby to Spencer? ;) ;)
I've got that club on my mind at the mo for some reason! :?
Yea, I meant Sileby ;)
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Foster won't be in a fit state to play for Sileby in their mid week match.
Hayden

Post by Hayden »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds – 80 – 90 – 2nd
Tue 23rd April - Eynesbury Rovers (H) D
Sat 27th April - Potton United (A) W
Tue 30th April - Wellingborough Whitworth (H) W
Sat 4th May - Northampton Spencer (A)W

Eynesbury Rovers – 77- 87 – 3rd
Tue 23rd April - AFC Rushden & Diamonds (A) D
Sat 27th April - Harrowby United (A) W
Sat 4th May - Wellingborough Whitworth (H) W
Mon 6th May - Burton Park Wanderers (A) W

Northampton Sileby Rangers – 80- 92 – 1st
Tue 23rd April - Thapston Town (H) W
Sat 27th April - Burton Park Wanderers (A) W
Tue 30th April - Rushden & Higham United (A) W
Tue 7th May - Wellingborough Whitworth (A) W

Oadby Town – 72 – 83 – 4th
Mon 22nd April - Harrowby United (A) W
Wed 24th April - Burton Park Wanderers (A) D
Sat 27th April - Thrapston Town (H) W
Sat 4th May - Olney Town (A) D
Tue 7th May - Wootton Blue Cross (A) W

This is how I see it will finish. I think we'll draw on Tuesday as Eynesbury are in good form. I can also see Oadby slipping up further. BPW are on the rise and aiming not to finish bottom! And I think Oadby will struggle away to Olney just like we did (but I can't see Oadby scoring)!! In regard to Sileby, I don't think they'll slip up again this season!
But I hope I'm wrong, in regard to us winning Tuesday and Sileby do slip up, so we can go up as champions! Doesn't look like we can be guarenteed promotion until Whitworths game at least though!

All in all though, what a fantastic season!
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Shame about the Spencer v Sileby result on Saturday, at 1-0 to Spencer I was already dreaming of Hopey lifting the league trophy, though fair play to Sileby for coming back and winning almost emphatically after going behind and there's little chance of us getting the title now (though hoping a bit of reverse psychology might work again like its done in the past few weeks ;) ). But no matter, most important thing right now is that we get into the Prem next season!

Tuesday will be pretty nerve-wracking though, I can't see us losing but it will be hard to take it if we were to, a 3 and a half month unbeaten of almost all wins and then 1 defeat is all it takes for us to probably miss out on promotion, just show how tight the margins have been this season. Can see another 2-2.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308