[ Sat 27th Apr ] v Potton United, KO 3pm UCL1 AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: [ Sat 27th Apr ] v Potton United, KO 3pm UCL1 AWAY

Post by FOOTYMAN »

Formic wrote:I thought we looked far better after we made the formation change midway through the second half. Midfield looked more solid, Aaron King could get forwards more without exposing central midfield, and Alfie looked at home making runs down the right, and he linked up well with Joe Merrill. Jake Newman could then focus on the left channel where he is at his best. It reminded me of how we played with 10 men against Oadby.
I agree, the shape of the midfield is how we win games. The pairing of Alfie and Jake also seems to work better, when they play on the opposite sides of the park, I think it suits them both because they like to run at defenders and cut in and out without having to think if there is a passing option. Talking of midfield, Where have Elliot and Dev disappeared to, they don't seem to be part of the squad ?
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

FOOTYMAN wrote:
Formic wrote: Talking of midfield, Where have Elliot and Dev disappeared to, they don't seem to be part of the squad ?
They have been on the bench and both were used last Saturday at Raunds. Yesterday was the first time neither have made the bench for a while and I would have thought at least one of them will return on Tuesday with Gilly seemingly out
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

What chance R & H beating Sileby on Tuesday? That would put us in pole position.
Everyweeker
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by Everyweeker »

sussexdiamond wrote:What chance R & H beating Sileby on Tuesday? That would put us in pole position.
Possible, but unlikely.

I'd take second with a second thought, wouldn't feel anything less than delighted.
Member Number: 21
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

FOOTYMAN wrote:
Formic wrote:Where have Elliot and Dev disappeared to, they don't seem to be part of the squad ?
As I understand it, Dev was a late withdrawl, didn't stop my dad calling Joe Merrill, Dev though!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Hayden

Post by Hayden »

So...
We need 4 points to go up. If Sileby get 6 points from 6 they'll be champions. If Sileby get 4 and we get 4 they'll be champions. If we get 6 and Silbey get 4 Sileby champions on goal difference. If we get 6 and Sileby get 3 we go up as champions.
So many Ifs and Buts!!
Most annoying thing is though, if Sileby do lose to Whitworths and we win both games, we'll have to celebrate as champions at home, unless people go Whitworths v Sileby a week on Tuesday :?: :!:
So annoying with these fixtures!
FOOTYMAN
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:FOOTYMAN wrote:Formic wrote:Where have Elliot and Dev disappeared to, they don't seem to be part of the squad ?As I understand it, Dev was a late withdrawl, didn't stop my dad calling Joe Merrill, Dev though!
Oh dear, they don't look anything like each other.. A trip to Spec.Savers needed. :lol:
diamonds82

Post by diamonds82 »

olio wrote:
Sid wrote:
olio wrote:Harrowby 2 Eynesbury 2 FT :D :D :D

Beat Whitworths on Tuesday, and we are up :D :D :D
You've forgotten about Oadby :!:
We still need 4 points.
Ah, sorry about that. Completely slipped my mind about Oadby; was too busy concentrating on Eynesbury! Sorry again guys :(

Easy to get carried away. I also was thinking we could get promoted :D on Tuesday but then realise Oadby aren't playing on Tuesday. :(
diamonds82

Post by diamonds82 »

diamonds82 wrote:2-0 to Diamonds.

Who cares about spelling.

ahsdjdjnffsdsasahsdjhdjhdfdshsahshjsajh

Spot on. :) 2-0 to the mighty diamonds.

But again who cares about spelling.

sajkdjdsjddfffffbfbfjf
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Everyweeker wrote:
sussexdiamond wrote:What chance R & H beating Sileby on Tuesday? That would put us in pole position.
Possible, but unlikely.

I'd take second with a second thought, wouldn't feel anything less than delighted.
Completely agree, especially looking back at the table post-Oadby:

Sileby 27 71
AFC 28 68
Eynesbury 27 66
Oadby 24 60

I had given up and I think most of us thought that Oadby would never drop more than 4 points throughout the rest of the season. It's weird to think that was only 4 weeks ago, for me it feels like years!

If Whitworth pulled an upset on the final day do you think Sileby would just toss the trophy over the fence? :D
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46