[ Sat 27th Apr ] v Potton United, KO 3pm UCL1 AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 27th Apr ] v Potton United, KO 3pm UCL1 AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: [ Sat 27th Apr ] v Potton United, KO 3pm UCL1 AWAY

Post by Trek »

I suspect Potton might be looking to 'park the bus'. :evil:
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Trek wrote:I suspect Potton might be looking to 'park the bus'. :evil:
I don't think you can blame the teams in this league for their tactics, no disrespect to them, but the majority of this league is going to struggle to compete with teams like us and if I was their manager I'd do exactly the same to be fair. A scrappy 1-0 will do me very nicely in this one, then thrash Whitworths and go into the final game needing just a point.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Trek

Post by Trek »

Olly wrote: I don't think you can blame the teams in this league for their tactics, no disrespect to them, but the majority of this league is going to struggle to compete with teams like us and if I was their manager I'd do exactly the same to be fair.
I'm not blaming them but stating what I think their tactics will be. They frustrated both Sileby and Eynesbury who struggled to break them down. I just hope we play football and not employ the tactics which we saw for three quarters of the match last night. We need to get the ball wide to Wizz and Gearing and produce the sort of passing football that resulted in our two goals last night.

An early goal will settle us down nicely. ;)
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

Gunna be another tough game, don't care how we get the 3 points i'm going for another nervy 2.1 win, lets all get there in our numbers again and bring the points home

3 games to go COYD!!!
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Potton are currently 4th in the form guide, mainly due to one goal wins so will be very hard to beat as we and others have experienced already this season.

Three more wins guys that's all we ask!!!!!
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Olly wrote:
Trek wrote:I suspect Potton might be looking to 'park the bus'. :evil:
I don't think you can blame the teams in this league for their tactics, no disrespect to them, but the majority of this league is going to struggle to compete with teams like us and if I was their manager I'd do exactly the same to be fair. A scrappy 1-0 will do me very nicely in this one, then thrash Whitworths and go into the final game needing just a point.
I think you can. ;) This league doesn't have relegation (or if it does, only one spot), so go out and try and win the bloody game. In the Conference etc. I can understand parking the bus because there's 4 relegation spots, but not in this league.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

Looking forward to this trip actually, the longest of the season so far for me, 44 miles...Anyways think the lads will need to be on top form for this one...They will need to be on the attack from the off and be prepared for them to sit deep and cause frustration. Hoping for a smooth passing game, and to bring the 3 points home. I would be more than happy with a 1-0 win, as long as i aint biting my nails for the last 10 minutes :lol:
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Whip

Post by Whip »

So then guys, how many AFCRD fans do we think will make the trip? I reckon about 450.
Trek

Post by Trek »

I believe Potton have been advised to expect a big crowd judging by the special arrangements for Saturday.

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/pottonunit ... iew/765195

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/pottonunit ... iew/765499