Third Kit Vote - The Results...

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: Third Kit Vote - The Results...

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

I will be buying one, This just means I can now wear a diamonds shirt on the Saturday afternoon and haven't got to rush the Mrs to get it washed ready and dry for Tuesday night ;)
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

I voted for this lovely looking kit. I will be purchasing one for myself and will wear it with pride.
I would also love it if they did a subbuteo team in this kit.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

I'm in full support of the third kit and there will be people who buy it of course, but with a £37 price tag and the fact we'll probably not wear it more than 2 or 3 times, I just hope we're not too optimistic about sales, cause it won't sell anywhere near as many as the home kit and I personally won't be able to afford one unless I miraculously get a job straight out of uni. Though I may ask my dad to get it for me for christmas I guess!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Olly wrote:I'm in full support of the third kit and there will be people who buy it of course, but with a £37 price tag and the fact we'll probably not wear it more than 2 or 3 times, I just hope we're not too optimistic about sales, cause it won't sell anywhere near as many as the home kit and I personally won't be able to afford one unless I miraculously get a job straight out of uni. Though I may ask my dad to get it for me for christmas I guess!
That was what I was trying to say, I hope we don't have racks of these left over.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
Olly wrote:I'm in full support of the third kit and there will be people who buy it of course, but with a £37 price tag and the fact we'll probably not wear it more than 2 or 3 times, I just hope we're not too optimistic about sales, cause it won't sell anywhere near as many as the home kit and I personally won't be able to afford one unless I miraculously get a job straight out of uni. Though I may ask my dad to get it for me for christmas I guess!
That was what I was trying to say, I hope we don't have racks of these left over.
Your concern does come with a big IF though doesn't it? We might have racks of these left over IF no-one at the club is able to work out that we won't sell as many as the first kit and hence has ordered hundreds of them. I.e. if the people who have been ordering and selling replica shirts for 2 years haven't learnt much from their experience and hence have made/are about to make a massive mistake.

I'm not having a go - I just think that you don't need to worry!
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Our current home/away kit, are the best designs I think we've ever had...I absolutely love them and hope we keep the badge in the shirt for a few more years to come. The third kit looks very plain in comparison and I see no reason for us to even have one, so will not be purchasing. I will however be buying an away kit next year, season ticket, new membership and the DVD so hopefully wont be criticised for sharing my opinion, but for me third kits are and always will be a flop.
Bobos

Post by Bobos »

RushdenTillIDie wrote:Our current home/away kit, are the best designs I think we've ever had...I absolutely love them and hope we keep the badge in the shirt for a few more years to come. The third kit looks very plain in comparison and I see no reason for us to even have one, so will not be purchasing. I will however be buying an away kit next year, season ticket, new membership and the DVD so hopefully wont be criticised for sharing my opinion, but for me third kits are and always will be a flop.

No one will criticise anyone for not purchasing anything from the club.

The third kit was organised because some members asked if there was going to be one. We have looked at the concept carefully and have used the sales of this season and the first season (U18's) to guage how well they will be received.
A lot of people have put a lot of time and effort in sourcing the shirts at a reasonable price considering the amounts we will be ordering. This third kit will be used for two seasons, so you may get more wear out of it than you think.

If you don't want one, fine, but some people will, and we want to cater for every members wants, even you Lee :lol:
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Duke of Wimbourne wrote:...and we want to cater for every members wants, even you Lee :lol:
Cue official AFCR&D head wax. ;)
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Duke of Wimbourne wrote:
If you don't want one, fine, but some people will, and we want to cater for every members wants, even you Lee :lol:
You are missing my point too. My concern is regarding the outlay to get the money back. I will quite happily be proven wrong, I just think that once the mad rush has gone we will be left with an amount of shirts that won't sell. Most people will buy home and away shirts but at nearly 40 quid a go it is a big outlay.

I take a lot of catering for mate.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Bob's Bitch wrote:
Duke of Wimbourne wrote:...and we want to cater for every members wants, even you Lee :lol:
Cue official AFCR&D head wax. ;)
There is a reason I put you on block. Only one other person EVER has got me to do this in about 15 years. He is a complete idiot too.