Our Liburd for Ploppies?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
mike

Re: Our Liburd for Ploppies?

Post by mike »

Mat.H wrote:The 7 day approach is for Scott Cross former cobbler currently playing for Daventry who are top of that league.

John Dunham has tweeted to say its a done deal.... can't be bad winding up appeal monday because they are so short of money and now offering free coach travel to a game and signing a top goal scorer, I am sure he didn't move from the top of the league to the bottom with out being well compensated!
Membership number 268
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

'Constructive Criticism Time' i.e. i'm having a moan, but it's likely to be seen by players or staff so i'll tone it down...

This lad needs a proper kick up the arse and must work a hell of a lot harder. How is he man of the match Saturday!? More times than not he fails to look up when he has the ball, and always runs straight with it. Not great at tracking back and following his man (cockfosters away and dover are big examples...Joe got bollockings in the cockfosters game, when he had no support from his winger). He rarely plays the right ball at the right time and that's mainly because his heads always down. His crossing's not bad when he does eventually whip it in.

Management need to address these sort of issues more during the game...we rarely make changes at the right times or encourage our players from the touchline. Cannot see how in current form he starts over Lance or Wizz (two players who, for me, have more pace and who just show more enthusiasm and drive)

We're a good team with some great players and he is one but with some fine tuning here and there, could be so much better! Come on Nat...up your game! I want you to do well, but I feel like you're not giving your all for the team.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

He is probably knackered from his other commitments to other clubs, his team on Sunday in the Northampton League, his 5.a.side League matches at Mereway on Monday night and anything else he chooses to do away from the D&D. It takes a lot of effort to compete in all of these games, so he probably has to pace himself, which gives the impression he is not 100% on his game for us. He has certainly improved the team since his arrival, however, he just needs a little more time to up his fitness levels, so he can be 100% for every team he turns out for. :evil:
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

What's all the beef with Nat? Our players aren't pros, he isn't on a contract! Leave it out, I think he has done very well since he's been with us. Some people need to accept we are not a League club anymore!
AFC R&D Member Number 444
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

RushdenTillIDie wrote:'Constructive Criticism Time' i.e. i'm having a moan, but it's likely to be seen by players or staff so i'll tone it down...

This lad needs a proper kick up the arse and must work a hell of a lot harder. How is he man of the match Saturday!? More times than not he fails to look up when he has the ball, and always runs straight with it. Not great at tracking back and following his man (cockfosters away and dover are big examples...Joe got bollockings in the cockfosters game, when he had no support from his winger). He rarely plays the right ball at the right time and that's mainly because his heads always down. His crossing's not bad when he does eventually whip it in.

Management need to address these sort of issues more during the game...we rarely make changes at the right times or encourage our players from the touchline. Cannot see how in current form he starts over Lance or Wizz (two players who, for me, have more pace and who just show more enthusiasm and drive)

We're a good team with some great players and he is one but with some fine tuning here and there, could be so much better! Come on Nat...up your game! I want you to do well, but I feel like you're not giving your all for the team.
Sorry but implying that he doesn't give 100% is a complete load of bollocks.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

I've thought he's done ok since he's come into the team, got his first goal on Saturday and seems to be getting better. I think Wiz is off form at the moment and Gearing seems to dip in and out of form. Good to have four decent wide men competing for places and Nat has earnt his place since being suspended at the start
mike

Post by mike »

How can you slate the guy? we have lost 2 league games this season and he didn't start in either. Had a great game on Saturday and although people say he runs straight down the wing rather than cutting in. If he doesn't get a cross in, he will win the corner. I think he is a great player!

and he works for Royal Mail can't expect him to deliver every time :D :D
Membership number 268