Where'z Wizz ?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: Where'z Wizz ?

Post by sussexdiamond »

I know I never thought Grainger, Newman, Maddox and Dent were any loss but I am disappointed that Wizzy feels the need to move.

Last season he was third goalscorer some way behind Jake and Alfie but this season we have three pretty much equal goalscorers in Alfie, Dunks and Fazal.

good Luck Jack
AdamSRJFC

Post by AdamSRJFC »

He's been a vital part of our team since joining, I'm personally quite annoyed he's been allowed to leave.

Haven't really been impressed with Fazel recently tbh, I would have given Wizz the chance when Fazel didn't put in a decent performance for a few games.

Anyway, can fully understand why he left, to play football regularly. And credit to him for going about it in the right way, no stupid posts on twitter etc.

Look forward to seeing him again on Boxing Day and New Years Day, he was vital last year and hope people don't forget that.

Good luck to him
Drunken Debanker
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Drunken Debanker »

I'm disappointed Jack is leaving too he is a great lad and a decent player at this level, I'm slightly worried about Morale in the squad all to often negative tweets are appearing on twitter and whilst I know people get frustrated and we shouldn't read too much into it, it is a shame but I trust Starms etc to get it right and keep the squad together.

Good luck Jack!!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
We'll Drink Some Beer
And We'll Drink Some More
Cuz We Are The Rushden Boys On Tour.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Although im gutted to see him leave he is the kind of player that needs to be playing week in week out and with the present squad it is unlikely that he will play 90mins every week. Knowing him on a personal basis im pretty sure he will say that the last couple of seasons have been the best he has ever experienced!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Mat.H wrote:I think Spalding having played 10 won 10 conceeded 1 (I think) will win the league and with only one promotion place is it worth spening money bringing in players in October. We should be thinking about getting the best out of the players we have finishing as high as we can this season and going for it next season when Spalding are out of the way. I think to catch Spalding now will cost a lot of cash and need a lot of luck.
I may be wrong, but I think there is a tiny chance that we could get promoted in 2nd place, generally its one per division at this level obviously, but I notice 2 teams went up from the Combined Counties Premier last season (Egham and Guernsey), I assume because another league had no team that was either interested in/eligible for promotion. I'm not sure how it works though, promotion from this level is a bit of a funny business (I remember King's Lynn fans getting to the end of the season not having a clue whether they'd go up or not).

Edit: Actually turns out that was just to fill some places in the Ryman league, but I wonder whether its still possible for a division to have 2 teams go up if other divisions haven't got anyone that can go up?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Olly wrote:
Mat.H wrote:I think Spalding having played 10 won 10 conceeded 1 (I think) will win the league and with only one promotion place is it worth spening money bringing in players in October. We should be thinking about getting the best out of the players we have finishing as high as we can this season and going for it next season when Spalding are out of the way. I think to catch Spalding now will cost a lot of cash and need a lot of luck.
I may be wrong, but I think there is a tiny chance that we could get promoted in 2nd place, generally its one per division at this level obviously, but I notice 2 teams went up from the Combined Counties Premier last season (Egham and Guernsey), I assume because another league had no team that was either interested in/eligible for promotion. I'm not sure how it works though, promotion from this level is a bit of a funny business (I remember King's Lynn fans getting to the end of the season not having a clue whether they'd go up or not).

Edit: Actually turns out that was just to fill some places in the Ryman league, but I wonder whether its still possible for a division to have 2 teams go up if other divisions haven't got anyone that can go up?
http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum ... ply;so=ASC

That thread gives some kind of explanation. :?

I don't think catching Spalding requires loads of luck, it just requires belief and ability (two things we definitely have). Funny things happen in football, Oadby won promotion in January but then amazingly didn't get promoted... ;)

Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I think we can go on a bit of a run, even with losing Wizz and Dent. We beat Wisbech, Sileby and PNS and we're up to 5th - all tricky away fixtures but Wisbech have already lost 7, Sileby 6 and PNS 5, they caught us on a good day. Huntingdon and Cogenhoe I'd be happy with 4 from 6, then 6 games against mostly mid-table/relegation scrappers = 18 points. We go into the Spalding game on the back of 12-match unbeaten league run and suddenly they're a bit worried.

Yeah they've won all of their games so far but take a look at their fixtures, the highest team they've faced is Wisbech, apart from that it's been quite easy.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Nice montage put together here on the OWS http://www.afcdiamonds.com/jack-wisniew ... n-diamonds even something he can look back on himself
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

Gutted just isn't the word, jack is one person in the team who I didn't want to move on just yet. I thought he was an excellent addition to the squad. He was one lad who was quite a decent bloke off the pitch too, often taking the time to say alright and see you later mate as he walked past me and indeed other people. I know these guys ain't exactly premiership standard but it sort of makes you pleased when they do. Quite often a lot of them just look at you and walk past..

I wish jack all the best and hope he has every success with his new squad...once again gutted but first team football like Elliott is more important as it should be. I wonder whether he believes that his holiday was at the right or wrong time?
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
RushdenTillIDie

Post by RushdenTillIDie »

Gutted Wizz has gone, Great lad, solid player...brillant work rate. A tad frustrated he's been allowed to leave to be honest.
Although he works hard, Nat isn't as complete a player as half this forum goes on about and it shows the majority of the time...we definitely need the competition for places to keep his performances up to the standard.
I'm concerned about our management sometimes...the lack of substitutions at key times is bizzare, why leave it so late!? Why Lance still isn't starting is beyond me, he maybe the next to go, which would be a huge blow. Definitely should have had way more of a run out against Desborough. I can't and won't be too critical though as at the end of the day we're still winning on a regular basis and I do enjoy the performances we put in, so they are doing most things right, it just needs some fine tuning. I still don't think we have the right starting 11 yet.

Still onwards and upwards.

Best of luck at the Doughboys Wizz and thanks for everything!!
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

At the end of the day it was his choice, just as it was Seans to stay and fight for his place and take his chance when it came along.

We saw last season with O Grady, Allcock and Brady that players would rather leave and play first team football than sit on the bench.
AFC R&D Member No. 67