Members Forum - New Ground Options

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Members Forum - New Ground Options

Post by Rushdenjim »

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/members-foru ... -25th-2017

Members Forum to be held on Wednesday 25th January at The Windmill Club so the Club can present an update on our home ground options for next season.

Spread the word, maybe one of the most important votes in the clubs short history!
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Members Forum - New Ground Options

Post by Formic »

Rushdenjim wrote:http://www.afcdiamonds.com/members-foru ... -25th-2017

Members Forum to be held on Wednesday 25th January at The Windmill Club so the Club can present an update on our home ground options for next season.

Spread the word, maybe one of the most important votes in the clubs short history!
It certainly is. I'm sure those present will make the best decision in the interests of the club going forward. I wonder if all the bridges have been burnt with the Dog & Duck, or if there is a chance there could be some brinkmanship with a late offer to remain there - and if so how the members would consider that if other options were deemed better in the long term.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

I'm still not convinced that us and Wellingborough will be forced to leave the Dog and Duck- I appreciate that work needed to be done to bring the ground up to Southern/Northern League standard, but it surely if we knew we were going to move those improvements would have been done slightly more "on the cheap" ala K*ttering with some chicken wire around the pitch etc. It just doesn't make sense but hey ho.

I can't think of many ideal grounds other than the Dog and Duck where we could realistically go, with out it having a negative effect on attendance.

St Neots- lovely ground but too far from the catchment area we are trying to attract fans from

Sileby- again lovely ground and pitch- but too far way for most of a fan base to travel.

Wh*tworths- would seem ridiculous to play next door to the D&D, would the want us sharing with them, they would surely not want to lose their reserve side, they don't seem to like us very much anyway

R&H- there is very limited room to put the PDB Terrace or Dales Bar etc, the main stand is out of use, lack of parking. The only positive is that it is in Rushden near the town centre and in the heart of the area we are trying to attract supporters from.

Lots to go over, but if we do end up leaving the D&D next season it could potentially put the club on the back foot and set us back 2 or 3 years considering how much effort has been made into making the D&D our "home". I appreciate I sound negative but it's just my personal opinion- others may feel differently of course.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Dowlo wrote: Lots to go over, but if we do end up leaving the D&D next season it could potentially put the club on the back foot and set us back 2 or 3 years considering how much effort has been made into making the D&D our "home". I appreciate I sound negative but it's just my personal opinion- others may feel differently of course.
Not negative, just honest and truthful.

I sincerely hope that we're able to remain at the Dog & Duck somehow but will wait to hear what the options are at the Members' Forum.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Formic wrote:
It certainly is. I'm sure those present will make the best decision in the interests of the club going forward. I wonder if all the bridges have been burnt with the Dog & Duck, or if there is a chance there could be some brinkmanship with a late offer to remain there - and if so how the members would consider that if other options were deemed better in the long term.

It won't be an on the night decision will it? It'll have to go out to all members.
AFC R & D member number 34
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Three of Diamonds wrote:
Formic wrote:

It won't be an on the night decision will it? It'll have to go out to all members.
Only the options, and probably background information, will be given to members present I'm sure.

There will obviously be an online vote, plus postal for those members without internet.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Dowlo wrote:I'm still not convinced that us and Wellingborough will be forced to leave the Dog and Duck- I appreciate that work needed to be done to bring the ground up to Southern/Northern League standard, but it surely if we knew we were going to move those improvements would have been done slightly more "on the cheap" ala K*ttering with some chicken wire around the pitch etc. It just doesn't make sense but hey ho.
I think both clubs were informed AFTER the improvements to the Dog & Duck were made.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

I'm sure our elected representatives will do their very best to get us as good a home as possible, plus I'm equally sure they'll explore all options at the Dog and Duck, but at the end of the day if the Landlord wants us gone, we have no choice.

Given the level we play at now, and aspire to, i don't think it takes a rocket scientist to work out what the options will be - but it's not to speculate on here, it is a members decision at the end of the day.

This decision could be all defining for us - it is massive and I hope all members consider the pros and cons of the options and make sure they vote. Whatever they are, they won't be ideal.

I want to stay at the Dog and Duck, I've become really fond of the place. Alas that looks as though it's not an option sadly.

I don't really "get" the Landlord with this one - why turf us out and allow WTFC to stay? It makes no logic? If he plans to utilise the land in someway surely he'd turf them out too? Kicking us out will probably kill them off anyway, and depending where we end up could seriously hamstring us in the future.

Still, lets stay positive and support the board by recognising what a difficult task they have, I'm sure they have been negotiating with lots of clubs trying to secure us the best deal possible.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

I don't really "get" the Landlord with this one - why turf us out and allow WTFC to stay? It makes no logic?
OMG, I was under the impression he wanted everyone out.

I must of misread the article :hmmm:
Unofficial Real Bedford forum
https://realbedfordforum.uk/

Unofficial AFC Rushden & Diamonds forum
https://www.afcdiamondsforum.uk/
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

Or maybe I have? My understanding is that WTFC were remaining, I could be wrong though.
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51