Demolition of Nene Park?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Frogerz

Re: Demolition of Nene Park?

Post by Frogerz »

Trek wrote:
Frogerz wrote:
I wonder if he has actually contacted the owner directly to discuss this at all.
Apparently so, a tweet this morning by Tom Pursglove.

An update on Nene Park - a green light to meet!

https://scontent.flhr3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=59122D49
Wow I never though Keith Cousins would actually agree to meet him, he must be concerned about planning permission being refused again then.
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

The best way to get R&D supporters to watch the reformed club would be to move in to Nene Park.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

Diamond Warrior wrote:The best way to get R&D supporters to watch the reformed club would be to move in to Nene Park.
:lazy: :lazy:

If the attendance did increase slightly then the brick walls and shiny seats would be attracting the 'floaters' not the team.. how many times is this going to be suggested? Demolish and be gone with!!
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Diamond Warrior wrote:The best way to get R&D supporters to watch the reformed club would be to move in to Nene Park.
Best way is to get a ground within walking distance of the majority of the population. Spoke to two family members who have said they will start watching AFC if we go to Hayden Rd because they can walk.

The biggest downfall for Nene Park was it was built in the wrong location. Going back would be a massive backwards step. I agree with the efforts of the local MP and council to make KC sweat a little over the site but ultimately I want to see that ground demolished. It no longer serves a purpose to any individual or club.
Diamond Warrior

Post by Diamond Warrior »

Rushdenjim wrote:
Best way is to get a ground within walking distance of the majority of the population. Spoke to two family members who have said they will start watching AFC if we go to Hayden Rd because they can walk.

The biggest downfall for Nene Park was it was built in the wrong location. Going back would be a massive backwards step. I agree with the efforts of the local MP and council to make KC sweat a little over the site but ultimately I want to see that ground demolished. It no longer serves a purpose to any individual or club.
What is disabled parking/wheelchair access like at HR?
Curly
Been Liked: 9 times

Post by Curly »

Diamond Warrior wrote:
Rushdenjim wrote:

What is disabled parking/wheelchair access like at HR?
Probably not a lot different from the d&d to be honest and I'm sure that if there is a need for improvement in that area the board will be on top of it.

As for anyone thinking that a return to nene park is the way forward I just can't agree. The place is and has always been in the wrong area, you just couldn't get any extra revenue streams there other than match day. Not to mention that the place doesn't even have floodlights anymore!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Our biggest barrier at NP was the claw back clause. Without that we could have developed some of the land and had an income. KC wants to do just that.
AFC R & D member number 34
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

As for anyone thinking that a return to nene park is the way forward I just can't agree. The place is and has always been in the wrong area, you just couldn't get any extra revenue streams there other than match day. Not to mention that the place doesn't even have floodlights anymore!

The problem is that we will have no choice in the matter of where we will end up in the Rushden/Higham/Irthlingborough area (unless we can come up with loads of Money to buy our own land) . The council will see Nene Park as an ideal location for the Sporting Facilities, (they then can have all of Rushden East and the Bonus of Hayden Road for Housing) I think they are aware that the current Stadium will no doubt have to be knocked down or altered to accommodate us and R+H etc.

The elephant in the room is of course the current owners of the Nene Park land and what deal they are looking for ??
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: Demolition of Nene Park? READ

Post by Three of Diamonds »

**** all members please check out the official forum ****
AFC R & D member number 34
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 140 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I noticed driving past yesterday that the bulldozers have now actually started demolishing the stadium.

For those on Facebook local MP Marika Hillson has just posted something very interesting regarding Nene Park. Not good news, but interesting.

They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291