[ Tue 19th Sep ] v Alfreton Town, KO 7:45pm FAC2QR REPLAY HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

burger monster

Post by burger monster »

After Saturday's fantastic effort and performance we must make sure we put in the same effort and determination tomorrow night. Remember Barwell, we had the magnificent last minute equaliser and (boy does that keep getting watched) and we had the massive crowd for the replay, ( I know that as it took me three days to recover) :biggrin: but from the teams point of view, we never turned up for the replay.

I fully expect the same scenario tomorrow night, huge crowd expected, lets make the atmosphere electric, lets get behind the lads once again, lets make it as hard for Alfreton players as we can. That's not knocking the players, I just remember everyone saying we were poor in the replay, so lets all get behind the lads and cheer them on, its going to be very tough for sure, but one last big effort and maybe with a bit of luck too, touch of quality, or I would even settle for an own goal in the last minute :biggrin: wouldn,t it be a great night if we can get through to the next round.

Good luck lads.
FOOTYMAN
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: [ Tue 19th Sep ] v Alfreton Town, KO 7:45pm FAC2QR REPLAY HOME

Post by FOOTYMAN »

At last, a game l can get to watch. This will be my first game this season, and my first visit to our new ground, really looking forward to it and hoping for a win.

COYD
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

Bit frustrated I can't get to the game tomorrow night. Already got plans which I cannot get out of.

Will be sneaking a look at my phone as often as possible though :biggrin:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

<BUMP> TONIGHT!
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Let's hope there is a really good turnout tonight, there will be no excuses regarding weather and unless some fans have 'squash courts booked' I expect a really sizeable and vociferous crowd. They will really make a difference as Peaskie has acknowledged on many occasions. I was only saying the other Saturday that our new home at Hayden Road has a tight feel about it and was interested to see how it would be with a large crowd in an FA Cup match against higher opposition under floodlights, which always creates a good atmosphere, and I'm getting my wish earlier than I envisaged.

Finally I hope our players remain fully focused on the job in hand and give no thought to the possibility of playing Stourbridge.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Hopefully everyone is on the case traffic wise especially those coming from the west i.e. M1, it's still shut in both directions between 14 & 15 surrounding roads not good. Worst I've seen is a mate left Bedford this morning and got to Newport Pagnell services 4 1/2 hours later.
Holkerbird

Post by Holkerbird »

Good Luck tonight in your replay. Who knows you might draw us (Barrow AFC) in the next round although some of the beatings you gave us in the past still give me nightmares. Diamond burgers are ace though. :whistle:
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Can't comment on the first leg, but tonight I thought Alfreton were deserved winners. Always looked dangerous, should've been at least 2 up before we equalised. We did have a good fifteen minutes in the second half, but no massive chances. I thought perhaps we could've pressed higher up the pitch.

Unfortunately you need to close out a 2-goal against a side two levels higher, otherwise they'll make you pay.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Chuffed with our performance tonight. The lads should be proud of themselves. There's not a lot you can do when someone can hit a dead ball like that, other than not concede the free-kick in the first place!

On Saturday we were debatably the better side. Tonight I thought we were the better side. If we continue to put in performances like the last two throughout the remainder of the season I don't think we'll go far wrong.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291