[ Sat 31st Mar ] v Beaconsfield Town, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: [ Sat 31st Mar ] v Beaconsfield Town, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by BartonRaz »

Plus Dunstable have lost unexpectedly are Marlow. That goal could turn out to be huge.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
James Beil

Post by James Beil »

We're still top, but surely now all the get-out-of-jail-free cards have been used up - it has to be seven wins out of seven between now and the end of the season, unless the chasing pack start losing games. Even if Beaconsfield or H&Y start losing, there's still other clubs right on our tail.

Squeaky bums time yet?
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Thought we were much better than last week, and full value for a point. A very poor start which lacked intensity, epitomised by Westwoods bottled tackle which led to first goal but we did well to come back into it!

Thanks to the chaps who tried to help us out the carpark. A recovery truck and a Land Rover later, we finally escaped at 7.15pm! Worth it for that equaliser...
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

It wasn't great today but we used our get out of jail when we needed it most, lets make this turning point now and kick on
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Attendance?
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Rushdenjim wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:19 pmAttendance?
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Westwood needs to be dropped imo. Talented lad but needs to learn during the no so important time of the season.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Thoroughly deserved that equaliser. I had only just commented that we had not had much luck this season with last minute goals. Much better performance today. For me Sam was MOTM. That save/ block by Heath was tremendous. If any criticism.....
We should have wrapped it up by half time.!
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Get in there, get in there a million times over, we throughly deserved that (at least) missed Ben Farrell, if it was me, I would start Robbins on Monday (at home to Bedford) because Robbins can turn the game around, just like that.

We need to start getting back to winning ways, let's do it on Monday. :biggrin:
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

I'd have taken a point beforehand and I certainly would have taken a point on 90 minutes! This was a better performance than Tuesday - especially in the second half - but the game lacked any quality and thankfully Beaconsfield were disappointing throughout. They will be kicking themselves for the penalty!

We sorely missed Farrell today and he'll be missing again on Monday while Punter must be wondering what he has to do to stay in the team. Both full backs were v poor today and were jointly responsible for the goal. Equally, both strikers were off colour although using SWD as a target man just asked for trouble. Maybe giving Dean 90 minutes could be the answer?

MOM has to be Westbrook who didn't miss a header all game and just gets better and better for me. Fairlamb and Dolman were equally impressive.

But the main thing today was getting that equaliser. Hopefully we can use it to good effect both in terms of getting back to winning ways but also in the knowledge that a draw keeps automatic promotion in our own hands. 17 points from 21 now needed but hopefully 14 or 15 will do.

I just hope that somehow the Bedford game goes ahead as I think our blip could be over!