Clutching at straws?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Clutching at straws?

Post by sussexdiamond »

Hanwell v Beaconsfield this evening. Will be following twitter, although Beaconsfields feed is usually only one tweet per half.

Hanwell are on a mini run at present 2 draws v Hayes and Moneyfields and a win v Aylesbury.

and on Saturday Beaconsfield play everybodies favourites, Moneyfields, who themselves have only one loss in last 6, includes draws v Hartley and Dunstable and the only loss was to Bedford.

All irrelevant if we don't beat Aylesbury on Saturday though!!!
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Re: Clutching at straws?

Post by mikerd »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:03 am Hanwell v Beaconsfield this evening. Will be following twitter, although Beaconsfields feed is usually only one tweet per half.

Hanwell are on a mini run at present 2 draws v Hayes and Moneyfields and a win v Aylesbury.

and on Saturday Beaconsfield play everybodies favourites, Moneyfields, who themselves have only one loss in last 6, includes draws v Hartley and Dunstable and the only loss was to Bedford.

All irrelevant if we don't beat Aylesbury on Saturday though!!!
It would be nice to see Beaconsfield drop points today, although I can't see that happening.
mikerd

Post by mikerd »

1-0 Hanwell get in.
mikerd

Post by mikerd »

Fing 1-1
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

1-3 to beaconsfield . They know how to do it.....
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

HT 4-1 to Beaconsfield. Everyone stand down. See you Saturday. :read:
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

1-4 :ermm:
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

That's what champions do. I've stopped looking at others and so should our team, we need to see some fight from them now.
AFC R & D member number 34
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

So what chance have either Egham or Marlow of getting a point v Beaconsfield? Considering Beaconsfield have best away record in the league and have won 7 of their last eight!

On the current form guide they are 16th and 17th,so not much hope there.

Marlow offer a glimmer of hope when we look at their last 6 home matches. 4 wins 1 draw 1 defeat. (They are 8th in the home form table)
That loss was their most recent match v Fleet but they have had a couple of decent results beating AFC Dunstable and drawing with Chalfont.

Our best hope is that as it is a local derby Marlow are playing for pride.

A few weeks back Egham did beat Dunstable and Hayes in successive home matches, but are currently 16th both in home record and all matches.

So I expect quite a few of us will be following twitter on Thursday evening with memories of that night in 2001 when the only way of following the Hereford v Yeovil match was via Teletext or Ceefax...................if you are under 30 don't ask!

PS just realized Egham lost at home last night to Arlesey. So will now turn form book upside down and beat Beaconmsfield! Can dream cant I?
Last edited by sussexdiamond on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:06 am So I expect quite a few of us will be following twitter on Thursday evening with memories of that night in 2001 when the only way of following the Hereford v Yeovil match was via Teletext or Ceefax...................if you are under 30 don't ask!
I'm 25 and remember it!