Club Agree Heads of Terms for New Home

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Club Agree Heads of Terms for New Home

Post by Formic »

Some relevance ? https://www.betvictorsouthern.co.uk/New ... ious-Plans

I wonder if a 3G / 4G pitch at Hayden Rd might be an option, linking with the community rather more locally, as well as reducing our postponement issues in a similar way to St Ives?

Perhaps the site would need to be more level to start with, although Redditch seemed to get around that.
rushdenman

Post by rushdenman »

St. Ives could alternatively improve their playing surface considerably by buying a plough.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Formic wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:23 am Some relevance ? https://www.betvictorsouthern.co.uk/New ... ious-Plans

I wonder if a 3G / 4G pitch at Hayden Rd might be an option, linking with the community rather more locally, as well as reducing our postponement issues in a similar way to St Ives?

Perhaps the site would need to be more level to start with, although Redditch seemed to get around that.

Absolutely not!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

According to article in Sundays NLP a 4G pitch costs £500k.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:16 pm
Formic wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:23 am Some relevance ? https://www.betvictorsouthern.co.uk/New ... ious-Plans

Absolutely not!
Why not? If it was a potential revenue stream for the club and grants could be used, it would be a strange decision to not have a 4G pitch. The way to make a club sustainable is have the facilities in use more than 25 times a year for home games.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:11 pm According to article in Sundays NLP a 4G pitch costs £500k.
Did they clarify whether this was purely for the pitch costs as I have seen the £500k figure touted many times when it includes full cage fencing and associated floodlights?
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

I recall £300k-£350k for the pitch alone being mentioned a number of times.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I’d personally question the article in the NLP as ‘4G’ pitches, without crumb/sand infill, havn’t yet been approved by the Football Authorities for competition use. The only approved standard is 3G.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Can’t think of anything worse than having a 4G main pitch.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

fentiger79 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:56 pm Can’t think of anything worse than having a 4G main pitch.
A club that struggles to survive at this level? I can't stand 4G pitches either, but given the proven financial benefits of having one, it could make a massive difference to the future of the club.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297