[ Tue 1st Jan ] v K*ttering Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: [ Tue 1st Jan ] v K*ttering Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:33 pm
Oundle Diamond #2 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:06 pm Highlights confirming Hoeness was offside.
Yep. Tight, but if you use the 6 yard line as a guide he looks to be within it whereas our defenders are outside of it.
I tried pausing it and when the ball is headed across he looks in line, on the 6yd line. Very tight.
Penfold68

Post by Penfold68 »

UttoDiamond wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:12 pm
davealbon wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:32 pm
UttoDiamond wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:22 am Ground was an absolute state. How will they ever get that up to scratch for Conf North, I'll never know! On the pitch they weren't much better until O'Connor came on and changed the game, how he found on himself on the bench behind that donkey Cunnington???? Proud of the lads yesterday, I hope they're not too disappointed, as they put in a great shift. Keep that level of commitment and performance up and a playoff place won't be out of the picture.
Unfortunately, when it comes to ground grading, your relationship with the ground grader counts for much more than the condition of your ground.
Bloody chicken wire perimeter fencing Dave! Portaloos with no lights, awful catering, scaffolding for a terrace. Imagine when the like of Stockport, York, FCUM have to visit that place! :fool:
Ground looked better before the advert boards were torn off :blush: and Hayden rd is that impressive is the main stand still closed?
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Proper, safe terracing so everyone can actually see the pitch, proper pitch perimeter, best food in the league, beer available. So yes, better than Shatimer Park already! :good:
AFC R&D Member Number 444
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Dazzler wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:50 pm
davealbon wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:26 pm Darren, please remove that photo of Hoenes celebrating. I'm not sure how much longer I can restrain myself from punching the screen.
Replaced with a different Hoeness, from Bayern. Ok?
Much better, thanks! :hehe:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Penfold68

Post by Penfold68 »

UttoDiamond wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:57 am Proper, safe terracing so everyone can actually see the pitch, proper pitch perimeter, best food in the league, beer available. So yes, better than Shatimer Park already! :good:
Must have visited wrong ground then last season :blush:
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Dazzler wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:44 pm KTFC 2-1 AFC Rushden & Diamonds - highlights - 01/01/2019

Via Twitter - https://twitter.com/KTFCOfficial/status ... 8454436864

At what point is our goal? Got fed up listening to the drivel the commentator was spewing waiting to see our goal!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Penfold68 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:34 pm
UttoDiamond wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:57 am Proper, safe terracing so everyone can actually see the pitch, proper pitch perimeter, best food in the league, beer available. So yes, better than Shatimer Park already! :good:
Must have visited wrong ground then last season :blush:
To be fair, even if Hayden Road hadn't had any work done it would still be better than Latimer Park. Now let's talk about the state of the pitches. I've never seen a worse UCL pitch than Latimer Park let alone Step 3. Step 3 being the number of ladders you have to climb to get out of the pot holes
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

For anyone who wants a chuckle, they're now selling posters with pictures from the game.

sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

That loss was the first time in seven seasons we have lost a Boxing Day or New Year's Day match.