[ Tue 1st Jan ] v K*ttering Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: [ Tue 1st Jan ] v K*ttering Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

Post by ParcelFace »

What we've got to put into context is what level so many of those players have played at. We've done ourselves justice today and we should be proud of the lads. This is a bloody tough league and they're so far away from most of the league for a reason. To match that team for almost the whole game is an incredible feat. Just need to make sure we get the result we deserve when we're at home!
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post Match Interviews
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

I agree with everything that has been said, and as Peaks said I just wanted the players to put a shift in, however its so disappointing to lose like that but hey that's football sometimes, hopefully the boys can pick themselves up for weekend which normally we do respond well to defeats
FOOTYMAN
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

We arrived at 2.15 and with the queue to get in, we eventually ended up between the clubhouse and the home end behind the goal. We were with a lot of neutral supporters, and in the 2nd half, you could see the coins showering onto Heath, thrown by the supporters behind him. He said about it to the referee, but nothing was done about it and he was pelted for at least 20 minutes of the game.
I must say, it was a great game to watch and although they sneaked an offside winner, (we could see it was clearly offside), the team put in a huge performance that they should be proud of.
If we play like that every game, we will be fine.
COYD
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

My first game since St Neots away this season, thoroughly enjoyed the performance we put in and it was great to be ahead for a little while to savour local glory once more.

My old mate Zak Reynolds was fantastic, and Hicks looks a real find too. All in all, great to see such a talented and together squad represent AFC RD giving a team of all stars a run for their money.

Funny how their star players were constantly arguing with each other, and Marcus Kelly was utterly abysmal. I just can’t wait for it to collapse underneath them. Rivalry aside, the set up today they offered us was nothing short of disgraceful, worse than anything I ever encountered in the UCL. How can they make a step up? Three portaloos with urine everywhere and no seperate one for our poor female supporters. Is that even allowed? Also I have no idea how those floodlights passed an inspection too, it was so dark!

East Northamptonshire is white tonight, irrespective of an (offside?) winner. Well done boys!
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Their goalkeeper was a complete fool, can't believe a so called goalkeeping coach could would act like that, great selling point for parents considering paying him to train their kids.

He is highly rated and apparently was by other clubs before dropping into the lower league scene, as a famous manager once said a player can have all the ability in the world but if he has a bad attitude he won't make it.

Coin throwing, a lot of their under 30's fans give the rest of them a bad name, rivalries are great but some people just use it as an excuse to act like a kid - probably the ones who constantly try winding Diamonds fans up on Twitter, Online they are Reggie n Ronnie Kray in person they are Lala and Poe from Teletubbies, The grown ups would rather have a bit of banter and a sing song and then see their team doing the talking on the pitch.

Fantastic game, amazing effort effort from the lads, proper derby atmosphere and cruel to lose it so late on after keeping them at bay and going in front, looking forward to seeing how we bounce back at Hitchin.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Memo to Burger Monster: when you expect a large crowd please make sure you have sufficient food, drink and especially cups. The pathetic facilities given to us were abysmal. No chips, no drink at h/t. On a different note could K*ttering be charged with the coin throwing and that stupid bendy man doing his impression of a turkey face a charge of inviting the crowd or even assaulting Hopkins?
UttoDiamond

Post by UttoDiamond »

Ground was an absolute state. How will they ever get that up to scratch for Conf North, I'll never know! On the pitch they weren't much better until O'Connor came on and changed the game, how he found on himself on the bench behind that donkey Cunnington???? Proud of the lads yesterday, I hope they're not too disappointed, as they put in a great shift. Keep that level of commitment and performance up and a playoff place won't be out of the picture.
AFC R&D Member Number 444
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

Near the portable loos, on the fence, was a statement from the fa saying they'd been warned about racist abuse.
Tells you all you need to know about the club.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

UttoDiamond wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:22 am Ground was an absolute state. How will they ever get that up to scratch for Conf North, I'll never know! On the pitch they weren't much better until O'Connor came on and changed the game, how he found on himself on the bench behind that donkey Cunnington???? Proud of the lads yesterday, I hope they're not too disappointed, as they put in a great shift. Keep that level of commitment and performance up and a playoff place won't be out of the picture.
Unfortunately, when it comes to ground grading, your relationship with the ground grader counts for much more than the condition of your ground.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297