New signing Ben Acquaye

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

New signing Ben Acquaye

Post by diamondsteve »

From kempston . Anyone know anything about this lad? An attacking MD . He must have talent if peaks has brought him in
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Re: New signing Ben Acquaye

Post by bozzer »

Anyone who saw what he did to Blaize and Westy when we played them will know what he is capable of!!
AFC R&D Member No. 67
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

bozzer wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:39 pm Anyone who saw what he did to Blaize and Westy when we played them will know what he is capable of!!
Okaaaay take it he’s has something then lol
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

I'm glad we're going down the route of bringing in the better players from lower tiers rather than going for ex-conference players. Must be better for the wage bill and we won't see as much of the complacency!
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

ParcelFace wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:38 am I'm glad we're going down the route of bringing in the better players from lower tiers rather than going for ex-conference players. Must be better for the wage bill and we won't see as much of the complacency!
That's a good point. Looking through our squad, do we have any player that has joined us from a higher level club?
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:15 am
ParcelFace wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:38 am I'm glad we're going down the route of bringing in the better players from lower tiers rather than going for ex-conference players. Must be better for the wage bill and we won't see as much of the complacency!
That's a good point. Looking through our squad, do we have any player that has joined us from a higher level club?
Dolman dropped from step 3 I think to join us
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

diamondsteve wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:41 am Dolman dropped from step 3 I think to join us
Daventry Town were Step 4 at the time but they had a very good side and played Chesterfield in the FA Cup.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Jack Westbrook dropped 1 level to join us when he left Banbury last season. The only other example I can quickly think of.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

There are a lot of good players out there in the lower leagues but not every manager wants to or is able to risk giving them a chance, in our case we are safe, doing better than anyone would have expected before the league kicked off and are able to give players a chance to play without too much pressure on the results so they can show what they can do. Welcome to Ben!
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Cotty
Has Liked: 1 time

Post by Cotty »

another Ben! Other first names are available. Seriously - looks like a good signing, particularly with Dolman and Ashton out injured.