[ Sat 5th Jan ] v Hitchin Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: [ Sat 5th Jan ] v Hitchin Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

Post by Formic »

davealbon wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:51 pm
Sid wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:26 pm
Formic wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:32 pm Some very honest assessment from Peaksy there - so refreshing to hear compared to what many managers spout.

It's concerning to hear than Sam Brown will be unavailable for a number of matches - I think that represents a double-whammy, if we not only lose him but also move Nathan Hicks away from midfield. With Jack Westbrook missing for a couple of games we might have a few challenges - perhaps Joe Curtis might make his first league start of the season.
Nathan has done well at left back, but absolutely he is a big loss from midfield. Peaksy says that Jack Ashton is close to a return, maybe he would be an option at left back.
Another option may be to bring Callum Westwood back into the side, and play him and Reynolds as the two fullbacks. I thought Westy was having a very good season until the Kempston debacle, but Reynolds has since made the RB spot his own.
I don't think Westy has played recently. It was mentioned on one of Andy Peaks interviews back in November that he was out injured, and he has only just appeared back in the Melton Town squad for their most recent game - and then only as an unused sub in an 8-0 drubbing of Huntingdon.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: [ Sat 5th Jan ] v Hitchin Town, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

Post by sussexdiamond »

Westwood going to Melton was just a polite way of getting rid of him! I would be very very surprised to ever see him playing for us again. Having said that Punter was forgiven and recalled, so maybe Andy is a pragmatist.Once Jacko is fit he could slot into the L/B position.t