K*ttering at home

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Penfold68

K*ttering at home

Post by Penfold68 »

Does anyone know how many the away end holds and is there a chance the Easter Monday game is all ticket
Penfold68

Re: K*ttering at home

Post by Penfold68 »

If you don't know just say so :meeting: :meeting:
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

We don't know :good:
Penfold68

Post by Penfold68 »

Thanks
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

1. Please don't give their fans access to the bar and proper toilet facilities. We had to put up with some sh*t caterer and 2 sh*tty portaloos.

2. Surely given the fact they are going to be celebrating winning the league is it not wise to give them an allocation of tickets to avoid overcrowding and people being turned away trying to get into the home end.
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

Surely it has to be all ticket. Well over 2,000 will be trying to get in, and Hayden Road is surrounded by houses and side streets. If not everyone can get in, it will be chaos!
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

It is very surprising it's not all ticket. I hope that capacity isn't reached before all our Season Ticket holders have reached the ground. I remember a famous match for the old club against Cheltenham in the Conference days that caused plenty of issues - https://www.ctfc.com/news/2014/april/15 ... hden-1999/

Trying to turn away an "Away Fan" when capacity for them is reached and hoping they won't try to gain access to the home end will be a real challenge -coupled with the fact that late arrivals are usually those who have stayed in local hostelries the longest.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Dowlo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:02 am 1. Please don't give their fans access to the bar and proper toilet facilities. We had to put up with some sh*t caterer and 2 sh*tty portaloos.

2. Surely given the fact they are going to be celebrating winning the league is it not wise to give them an allocation of tickets to avoid overcrowding and people being turned away trying to get into the home end.
Yeah, this does seem obvious, not only it's a derby and they'll most likely be celebrating the title but it's a bank holiday too, there could be 750+ away fans easily I'd imagine. At least if you make it all ticket for away fans, some will be deterred from travelling in the first place, whereas it would be very optimistic to hope that away fans turned away at the turnstiles would just go home and not try other ways to get in given the circumstances, surely it must be made all ticket??
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I notice there were almost 900 at Latimer Park on Saturday - and that's before they were quite in range of clinching the title.