K*ttering at home

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: K*ttering at home

Post by Trek »

Diamondsforever wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:37 pm
Trek wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:23 pm
This link won’t work as this forum changes the spelling of our opponents.
It’s just a link to our website...
Yes but will not open if you click on it because of the * inserted in place of e. However, glad to see Bozzer has now corrected.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Penfold68 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:01 pm So it ok to charge away fans more to go than home fans what a rip off at least dick Turpin wore a mask I wouldn't bother with a refreshment bar because most poppies fans will boycott thank god we don't have to play you next season
I doubt very much its free to issue these tickets, so its only fair that K*ttering fans pay the costs via a booking fee as they requested it.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Trek

Post by Trek »

Penfold68 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:01 pm So it ok to charge away fans more to go than home fans what a rip off at least dick Turpin wore a mask I wouldn't bother with a refreshment bar because most poppies fans will boycott thank god we don't have to play you next season
Give it a rest. Your club was party to the original decision, months ago, along with Northamptonshire’s finest. Furthermore your club was still happy as they posted the original press release yesterday morning on your OWS. However, someone clearly up the food chain in your organisation decided that they were now not happy and requested a change to an ‘all ticket policy’ for your fans. If you need to blame someone with the revised arrangements then I would suggest you approach your club and ask them why they requested this change at an extremely late stage.
Did you expect AFCRD’s crystal ball to be superior to KTFC’s crystal ball?
Penfold68

Post by Penfold68 »

And if we had done that on New year's Day no one on here would have said a word ,I think you will find K*ttering asked for the game to be ALL TICKET no just away fans so your club could rip them off
Trek

Post by Trek »

Sorry Penfold that clearly you don’t understand. Your club requested the change yesterday not us. End of, take your complaint to them.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Ripping you off, your having a laugh, should charge you double to pay for all the crap clearing and cleaning the environment of the stink that will follow you down the A6. Its the new Rushden CAZ Charge for K*ttering fans. :harhar:
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

I’m presuming the booking fee is what the agency charge and that we don’t get a cut of that (?). If so, we’re hardly ripping off Ploppy fans.

We’re a volunteer run club so it’s perfectly understandable that we’d use an agency like this.

84p! It’s hardly extortionate is it? Some people just like to have a moan about anything!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

They might be on attempt four of "we've won the league"
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Just seen this, good idea means K*ttering fans can bring their girlfriends.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47906166
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I'm trying to remember the circumstances that led to the problems at Nene Park when Luton visited eight years ago. I fear similar problems this time.

Once the Poppies demanded that their section should be all-ticket, I think the decision should still have been to make the match completely all-ticket even at this late stage. That would have stopped the volume of Poppies fans that will turn up without tickets getting into the home end - especially now they have to pay a surcharge for tickets.. As we saw at that Luton game, having a policy to eject away fans in home areas doesn't work when large numbers are present. By making it all ticket we would have been able to offer better protection to home fans especially given our membership scheme . Those of us that saw the antics of the Poppies fans in the stand at Rockingham Rd in 2001 know what they are capable of.

Obviously that would have hit the attendance even more, but I can see how the Poppies have ensured a lowered turnout, and hence lower revenue for AFCRD by agreeing the match needn't be all ticket originally, when there was even a chance the game might be the one the Poppies needed to clinch promotion. I assume they declined the possibility of selling tickets directly to their fans without the fees.

Perhaps we should take advantage of our membership scheme to reduce the risk of away fans getting into the home section
Last edited by Formic on Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.