[ Sat 2nd Mar ] v Alvechurch FC, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Re: [ Sat 2nd Mar ] v Alvechurch FC, KO 3pm ESCP HOME

Post by fentiger79 »

We played a very good team yesterday however I think we allowed them to look good for large periods of the game. Our formation enabled them to play comfortably from the back into midfield and they were so much stronger than us and bullied us on most midfield battles. We closed them down from a goal kick for the first time on 38 minutes so I think that sums the first half up. Once we went to 442 they had to worry about us for a change and we looked a different team. Defence was yet again fantastic, Dolman and Collard are a great partnership. Looked a penalty from where I was but a little way away. Yet another poor goal to give away, it looked like Heath thought it was going wide so he didn’t dive for it.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's article

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 27745?s=19

AFC Rushden & Diamonds captain Liam Dolman has a disagreement with the referee during the 1-1 draw with Alvechurch at Hayden Road. Pictures by Alison Bagley
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

fentiger79 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:23 pm We played a very good team yesterday however I think we allowed them to look good for large periods of the game. Our formation enabled them to play comfortably from the back into midfield and they were so much stronger than us and bullied us on most midfield battles. We closed them down from a goal kick for the first time on 38 minutes so I think that sums the first half up. Once we went to 442 they had to worry about us for a change and we looked a different team. Defence was yet again fantastic, Dolman and Collard are a great partnership. Looked a penalty from where I was but a little way away. Yet another poor goal to give away, it looked like Heath thought it was going wide so he didn’t dive for it.
Agree with everything here. The game passed the midfield by for large parts.

The ref was awful but didn't really have a huge bearing on the end result, other than the missed pen at the end. I think he has ref'd us before and wasn't that bad - just a bad day at the office. A ref assessor was at the game so I would be interested to hear his assessment.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

just watched the videos from Alvechurch and ours. Strange that the penalty appeal did not appear in the Alvechurch video. To me there was a clear handball and a deliberate attempt to obstruct Ben Diamond. Sam Johnsons goal was courtesy of an assist by an Alvechurch player.
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273