[ Sat 27th April ] v Tamworth FC, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: [ Sat 27th April ] v Tamworth FC, KO 3pm ESCP AWAY

Post by Formic »

Things seem to have been given the go ahead now. A match this morning was abandoned after a pylon started wobbling in the wind, with an issue at the base, but it seems to have been stabilised and people are being allowed access to all parts.
Formic

Post by Formic »

A much better away showing than in recent games, Both sides played some attractive football, keeping the ball on the floor so the bitter wind was less of an issue than expected. Ben Heath kept us in the game at times, but we looked favourites once we got the equaliser. The pitch was the best 3G surface I've seen, helping to make up for the other issues that spoil a visit to Tamworth.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I was disappointed with the line-up and tactics initially. After the recent dreadful run, given the result today was largely meaningless, I'd hoped we would have thrown caution to the wind a little bit and at least try to entertain. Instead we opted to go with the same formation we played against Brackley and K*ttering, trying to contain a side that's below us in the league rather than having a proper go and continuing to try and force a partnership between Bowen and Lorraine that just isn't there. Certainly I felt Acquaye and Johnson should have started today.

Having said that, we did OK. Second half particularly we generated a handful of chances, probably more chances than the past 4 games combined. A draw was a fair result on the balance of play and it was good to stop the rot on the final day so that nobody is dwelling on a Coalville-type performance for the next 3 months.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

When we get our own ground, I would like us to have a 3G pitch, we are a community club so could possibly get grants towards it and raise a bit of extra revenue hiring it,

For me 3G could before the future of non league football, fewer games off, less wasted travel costs, hiring them would help clubs interact with the people in their areas. Its a no brainer.

If we ever got to the conference prem and became stable there I would probably opt to go back to grass.

A decent point today, would have liked to see us experiment a bit more as nothing to lose but satisfied with a point.

Well that's it another decent season on the history board, see you all on July 1st.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Formic

Post by Formic »

Adrian wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:03 pm When we get our own ground, I would like us to have a 3G pitch, we are a community club so could possibly get grants towards it and raise a bit of extra revenue hiring it,

For me 3G could before the future of non league football, fewer games off, less wasted travel costs, hiring them would help clubs interact with the people in their areas. Its a no brainer.

If we ever got to the conference prem and became stable there I would probably opt to go back to grass.

A decent point today, would have liked to see us experiment a bit more as nothing to lose but satisfied with a point.

Well that's it another decent season on the history board, see you all on July 1st.
It's certainly not a no-brainer. What is vital to the future of the club is that we continue to get decent attendances. We need to be sure that the offering produced on a surface like this is enough to keep fans turning up. A lot of games I've seen on this surface have seemed like training games - the game at Redditch this season being an obvious example that so lacked the sort of action fans come to see that it would impact on gates significantly.

Other examples of poor games have been at Romulus, Hendon and the first game at Bedworth. Yesterday's game was one of the few that felt like a real football match.
Having been to Kenilworth Road and Loftus Road when they had artificial surfaces it was easy to see why fans rejected them, and although they have improved we must ensure we won't see crowds dip if we were to adopt one.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Interviews following our draw at @tamworthfc

therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

grass every time. i'd imagine you'd need to have a 3g surface used 5 out of 7 days a week to cover the maintenance costs.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights from the Tamworth FC Match yesterday

https://twitter.com/tamworthfc/status/1 ... 5414831104

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham chats with Andy Peaks..

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 8398202880

Nathan Hicks heads off to celebrate after he scored AFC Rushden & Diamonds' equaliser in their 1-1 draw at Tamworth on the final day of the Evo-Stik League South Premier Division Central season. Picture courtesy of HawkinsImages
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's Thursday article...

https://twitter.com/JonDunhamNT/status/ ... 9922667523

Nathan Hicks scores AFC Rushden & Diamonds' equaliser in their final-day draw at Tamworth. Picture courtesy of HawkinsImages